So , if I don't pick a tank ....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Astridae

09-13-2010

I play Morgy as a tank sometimes . it's fun.

Chanchai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2010

Have to admit though... the Tank dillema has existed since... well a very long time.

I guess at some point, I take the perspective that "The tank's job is to deal with aggro.... of all sorts... including teammate aggro..."

Kungfengshui

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2010

Pick Eve and make THEM queue-dodge! Counter-picking vs your own team FTW.

Sad, but such is life

In all seriousness though, try to find a friend who also plays tanks well, and duo queue/alternate playing the tank?

BarbarYan

09-13-2010

Its because most people think they are playing a deathmatch, they want kills cos the big numbers at the end of the game makes them feel special. They are the first to complain though when their team isn't doing good, because everybody looks bad when your team isn't making it happen. Too many players are happier with a lost game where they had 25+ kills than a win with 5-10 kills, its a very egocentric crowd we have here.

The only way i see this changing is if you combined kills and assists as only one stat, or at the very least up the rewards for assists a little to encourage tanks.

Skau

09-13-2010

Normal is the new practice. Don't expect many people to take team compositions seriously. In my experience playing ranked though, people are more than willing to play tanks and support, the only thing that people forget to bring is sustained damage.

Raptamei

09-13-2010

Practice is practice. Normal is tryhard, but you are allowed to play your favourite heroes.

RE Bantos

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMountainGoat View Post
why does everyone seem to think singed isn't a 'real' tank. i get this in probably one in every three matches i play - "we need a real tank". i'm sorry, but not every tank champ is amumu that can disable an entire team, or shen that can save you from failure whenever you may happen to fail. if you need a babysitter like shen, or an ez-mode instawin like amumu to tank for you, maybe you are the problem, and not your tank.

AoE slow, amazing CC that isolates an opponent for focus or de-rails their attempt at chasing a teammate, an ult that gives him damage reduction and regeneration (on top of amazing tower pushing).. how could anyone possibly see him as anything else?
Maybe because he's NOT a "real" tank? Maybe you need to get over the rage that he is a wonderful initiator to one person, and does little in a teamfight after that?

He is an off-tank. He is durable, but going straight tank with him makes him a non-threat after his Toss.

A Retarded Clown

09-13-2010

in ranked..some ppl tend to go overboard and spam tanks....and get raped by a mobility team thats is pusher like one with yi/ww/tf/veigar/teemo....the veigar just stuns and kites mid so that it takes them forever to get the turrets...and the rest just hit their turrets where they aren't.

That's if u have good coordination, if theres noobs who think theyll beat tank team by killin g them...then forget it u lost.

Most WW's I see are pretty good...they knw how to see the match in an overall perspective and make plans accordingly...very map aware.

Venatir

09-13-2010

I stopped playing solo because of that.