Diana/Leona lore discrepancies

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RavenRonien

Senior Member

08-07-2012

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ana_Teaser.jpg

the mural depicted here is one Diana found when she first doned the armor in an abandoned temple and was stated on the wiki that:
"The "Chosen of the Moon" and the "Chosen of the Sun" depicted in the mural are not Diana and Leona, but their ancient predecessors. "

which makes sence, the mural was old by the time Diana put it on, and FIRST donned the armor. At the very least we can safely say Diana is NOT the one in the mural and fairly safely assume, as how old the temple and armor was that Leona is not the one in the mural


Next i take from the Lore of Mount Targon: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_Targon

According to legend, the Solari were formed by a warrior who could call the raw might of the sun down upon his enemies in combat. He claimed Mount Targon’s summit, the point on Valoran closest to the sun, for his solar devotion, a tradition which generations of Solari have preserved to this day.

Though they maintain their reverence, no other warrior possessed the gifts of the founder – until Leona, the Radiant Dawn.

clearly it states the only other one to wield the powers of the sun was the founder, a MALE, leona was the second and hier to the powers and armor.


now... on the assumptions that 1) the person depicted in the mural is not leona and is infact her predecessor a male..... why does it have boobs o.0 (or in general why does the armor have space for boobs)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LordTobiothan

Senior Member

08-07-2012

The armor was made for a women by accident, which is why it worked out that leona became the inheritor.

What i want to know is why anyone would follow a guy with the powers of the sun if his ap ratios were so bad it didnt make him all that powerful.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Freohr

Recruiter

08-07-2012

Where does anything but the wiki say that the warrior was male? I don't know the source material, but I do know that Ironstylus has implied that Leona's predecessor(s?) was/were female.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr Clueless PhD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenRonien View Post
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ana_Teaser.jpg

the mural depicted here is one Diana found when she first doned the armor in an abandoned temple and was stated on the wiki that:
"The "Chosen of the Moon" and the "Chosen of the Sun" depicted in the mural are not Diana and Leona, but their ancient predecessors. "

which makes sence, the mural was old by the time Diana put it on, and FIRST donned the armor. At the very least we can safely say Diana is NOT the one in the mural and fairly safely assume, as how old the temple and armor was that Leona is not the one in the mural


Next i take from the Lore of Mount Targon: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_Targon

According to legend, the Solari were formed by a warrior who could call the raw might of the sun down upon his enemies in combat. He claimed Mount Targon’s summit, the point on Valoran closest to the sun, for his solar devotion, a tradition which generations of Solari have preserved to this day.

Though they maintain their reverence, no other warrior possessed the gifts of the founder – until Leona, the Radiant Dawn.

clearly it states the only other one to wield the powers of the sun was the founder, a MALE, leona was the second and hier to the powers and armor.


now... on the assumptions that 1) the person depicted in the mural is not leona and is infact her predecessor a male..... why does it have boobs o.0 (or in general why does the armor have space boobs)
Good point.

It's possible this is just an oversight. Maybe they forgot that the founder was male. Maybe they forgot that he was the first and last (until Leona) to have that power.

Or, maybe not. It's possible that the Solari have had multiple Chosen in the past, but they don't let that known to the outside world. The "legend" could be a myth perpetuated by the Solari.

Or, even more likely: they had previous Chosen, and the current generation doesn't know about them! I mean, clearly the Solari don't have their complete history. That's why Diana found evidence that shocked the hell out of the elders.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DemonicTrashcan

Senior Member

08-07-2012

The real question is: when did the Moon-worshipers come about, and what ended them?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1st HanarSpectre

Senior Member

08-07-2012

They forgot.
Not the first time it happened, won't be the last.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vexed Confusion

Junior Member

08-07-2012

could just be manly pecks!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RavenRonien

Senior Member

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordTobiothan View Post
The armor was made for a women by accident, which is why it worked out that leona became the inheritor.

What i want to know is why anyone would follow a guy with the powers of the sun if his ap ratios were so bad it didnt make him all that powerful.
you sir win a cookie that made me laugh


to answer the other ones im taking from the very limited lore provided im i would love a Red's input to sort it all out, i can't tell you where the source was though believe the wiki may credit them, i just remember reading somewhere that the predecessor was male, and reconfirmed it at the lore of mount Targon lore page.

although the guy who say that it could be an incomplete history makes a good point, you'd think you'd remember your antithesis's existence at the very least let alone their abandoned temple


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LouisLeGros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-07-2012

Is there anything in the mural that shows that the Solari warrior is calling down the power of the sun and isn't just wearing the armor?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RavenRonien

Senior Member

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisLeGros View Post
Is there anything in the mural that shows that the Solari warrior is calling down the power of the sun and isn't just wearing the armor?
another good point but i had made the assumption the armor was made for the chosen of the sun *shrugs* which to me seems like the people who wield the power of said sun


12