Take a hint from Smite

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Too Much Groove

08-07-2012

In Smite (largely due to the 3rd person view) there is no difference in terms of HUD interference if you are on one team or the other. This is awesome.

In LoL, players on the purple team (i will argue this till i die) are at a distinct disadvantage because the hud takes up portions of the lower part of the screen. Purple team players have less real estate to work with on screen, especially parts of the screen (bottom) where objectives are (minion cs, harrassment, etc.), and this is plain old not fair. To state for the record, i have the hud scaled down to where i can hardly see it (which is also a disadvantage) and i play unlocked. I still feel that playing on purple team is harder due to this orientation.

But wait! a simple solution could allow purple team players to not lose out on valuable pixels.... all that would need to be done is add an option to the interface menu that allows players to "flip and mirror" the map on their screen only.

If you dont quite understand how this fixes things i will explain the best i can.

If you flip SR, purple nexus is in the bottom right corner, if you flip and mirror SR, purple nexus is where blue nexus is and vice versa.

For players with a flipped and mirrored screen, top lane will appear as bottom lane and bot will appear as top lane, HOWEVER, purple team players can now utilize as much screen as blue team players at no interference to anyone else on any team as this view is selected on a player by player basis. All non-flipped players will see flipped players no differently on their screens.

Please Riot! To do this you dont have to jeopardize the integrity of anyone's game and will only be enhancing it for a large subset of players who would like to be playing on an even pitch when on purple team.

TL;DR Please add a "Flip & Mirror" option so that individual summoners can play on purple team with blue team orientation. Actually... call it "Flop". I like Flop better.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2012

Unlock your screen.

advancedAI

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimie View Post
Unlock your screen.

Setrack

08-07-2012

i want riot to add a flip and mirror option to stop all the qq threads about this on the forums

Jeanschyso

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2012

that's not the reason blue and purp aren't the same. it's the terrain positions. if the solo lane was bot, purp would be advantaged

slimjimo10

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimie View Post
Unlock your screen.
^

Sam Is Whoa

08-07-2012

The two sides arent symmetrical so a flip/mirror would not me possible.

Oh and smite sucks. Stop comparing the two games. Go play smite if you're that in love. I personally would love to not be on a team with a locked screen player who crys that what side hes on is why he sucks.

plutinoo

Recruiter

08-07-2012

idk about you guys but if this was the slightest bit possible i think it would be a cool preference the more the merrier

SergeS2K

Recruiter

08-07-2012

Not possible since the two sides are not exactly the same.

Wiley Wood

08-07-2012

i approve this thread