SEA Server??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Guidohatzis

08-07-2012

Dear Riot

I am from Australia and like many other LOL gamers from my region I constantly wonder and ask:
Is there any plan for a SEA (south-east Asian) server or proximity equivalent in the near-distant future?

LOL has been my favorite game ever since I stopped playing WC3 dota. I like the aggressive gameplay and the customisation to heroes/runes/masteries. Adding something like the Dragon spawn to force team-fights and map control has really been an improvement on the genre I think. LOL imo is far superior to the WC3 dota map and to the newest adaptation Valve's Dota 2.
The most refreshing thing about trying out dota 2 was the latency. 60ms. 60ms??? ON A GAME IN BETA ???? Lol has been around for how many years now? Three? Three whole years and not one server implemented for the whole Asian-Australian region!
Dota 2 has a SEA server. I don't know if HON does but I have never given that game a try.

Guidohatzis

08-07-2012

I really love LOL. I hate 250ms.
I dont want this whole thread to sound like a whinge but I dont want DOTA 2 to take over as the prominent MOBA game.
Maybe consider adding RD mode? (it really is good to play when the current hero/meta lineup is stale/boring) It also makes people learn more heroes

How about making the older heroes cheaper or even free also? It never affected me because I always had nearly every hero because I have been playing ever since LOL was really new. It is a huge deterrent to new gamers. They have dota where they can play every hero. Or LOL where they get a handful.

Fruity Erikchen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2012

5 points on this.

1. Accept the summoners code my eyes hurt.
2. League is more appealing then Dota 2 to people new to the moba scene
3. Being as I also am Australian I still wouldn't move servers due to losing friends
4. There is Garena servers for this area if you want to move to it.
5. You can get champions relatively easily if you play, or if you want to use money and that is riots business module.

2 More points
Majority of Dota players are from Asian countries, where as League has implemented Korean servers to satisfy that demand.
Hon does have servers in the Asian pacific but thats not for the equiv of ranked just customs/"Public" unless they changed it idk

Guidohatzis

08-07-2012

1. Did i break the summoners code?
2. I'll say again I think LOL is better but it is harsh on newcomers.
3. That's great for you but as myself and many other people I know play with RL friends, moving servers doesn't mean we lose friends.
4. Garena means riot earns no money? Why would Riot want this as an alternative?
5. I have all the champs. Or atleast I did when i stopped playing.

Guidohatzis

08-07-2012

OJ191

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruity erikchen View Post
5 points on this.

1. Accept the summoners code my eyes hurt.
2. League is more appealing then Dota 2 to people new to the moba scene
3. Being as I also am Australian I still wouldn't move servers due to losing friends
4. There is Garena servers for this area if you want to move to it.
5. You can get champions relatively easily if you play, or if you want to use money and that is riots business module.

2 More points
Majority of Dota players are from Asian countries, where as League has implemented Korean servers to satisfy that demand.
Hon does have servers in the Asian pacific but thats not for the equiv of ranked just customs/"Public" unless they changed it idk
Garena servers are not "in the area" west coast probably gets 100-120+ ping depending on routing, east coast gets 150-250 depending on routing (I get 150 ping, some ISP's rout through the (apparently) US and thus get 200+ ping because it goes aus->us->singapore which is a lot longer than just aus->singapore).

There are plenty of people in the oceanic (aus, nz, png, etc) region to support a server and riot is in fact looking into it supposedly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
Yah, we've thought about it - but have concerns about separating you guys down under from the greater English speaking community.

What are your thoughts on that?
Pretty sure it wouldn't really be an issue with the comparatively large populations of aus/NZ to the surrounding areas/islands (iirc we make up like half of the oceanic region's population).

And garena is not riot run, which sucks, and I believe aus/nz aren't even allowed to participate in their tournaments and stuff (unless they changed it).

Also this: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2222769

Norajimpro

10-16-2012

Quote:
I am from Australia and like many other LOL gamers from my region I constantly wonder and ask:
Is there any plan for a SEA (south-east Asian) server or proximity equivalent in the near-distant future?
I am also from South Pacific area (New-Caledonia). And there are a lot of Lol's player up there whom are not against a better quality gaming (ping).

tempnameB1913

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJ191 View Post
Garena servers are not "in the area" west coast probably gets 100-120+ ping depending on routing, east coast gets 150-250 depending on routing (I get 150 ping, some ISP's rout through the (apparently) US and thus get 200+ ping because it goes aus->us->singapore which is a lot longer than just aus->singapore).

There are plenty of people in the oceanic (aus, nz, png, etc) region to support a server and riot is in fact looking into it supposedly.

Pretty sure it wouldn't really be an issue with the comparatively large populations of aus/NZ to the surrounding areas/islands (iirc we make up like half of the oceanic region's population).

And garena is not riot run, which sucks, and I believe aus/nz aren't even allowed to participate in their tournaments and stuff (unless they changed it).

Also this: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2222769
Wow.. didnt kmow that thay are not allowed to compete.... that sucks..

hunter007

05-05-2014

Garena==OP match making, where challenger and bronze players are in the same game,if you get into elo hell
you are done.
final comments garena sucks!!!,and the server has lag,yes LAG.

Shingo

05-05-2014