Mana Drain / Vamp

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venova View Post
I think a mana burn active would be okay, that scaled on current mana of the target rather then max, so like, 2 minute cooldown, burns 20% of current mana of target (magic resist of the target prevents % of the mana burn, magic penatration is effective on the active to counter high magic resist), applies a debuff that lasts 15 seconds to prevent other enemies casting the mana burn on the same target again.
Month old necro post, and once more, the problem with that design is that either it is not effective enough to be worth using, or it shuts them down. Considering your idea is current Mana, it would be decidedly ineffective after the laning phase, when nobody needs to sustain themselves for a long time.

Doxkid

09-19-2012

...I miss the original Kassadin too.

Irelia Bot

09-19-2012

THe issue with bring iit back is that you would have a great way of making Irelia, Nasus, jax and the like get drained of their mana but you would then see manaless champs like Riven, Shyvana and Garen become far more dominate top lane because of it.

It would just be to hard of a countering effect for some champs while useless against others.

Safe Death

09-19-2012

everyone would just use like riven, lee sin, and kennen lawl

Blink1993

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2012

A summoner spell with mana burn would be awesome!

TheLastBaron88

09-30-2012

I think like most on hit effects, it would work best for high attack speed champs. Not really a great idea on Garen, since he has a fairly low base AS. Much more effective to just build AD and armor pen and nuke them outright, lol. Garen is one of my favorite champs to play. on hit manaburn, if anything, would make Warwick a more viable competitive choice, I think. I don't see too many WWs these days outside of when he is free to play.

3mptylord

10-01-2012

Mana vamp wouldn't be so bad though... an item that gives you Taric/Jayce/Kassadin's on-hit mana regeneration? It'd be the interesting solution to AD mana regeneration.

TheLastBaron88

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mptylord View Post
Mana vamp wouldn't be so bad though... an item that gives you Taric/Jayce/Kassadin's on-hit mana regeneration? It'd be the interesting solution to AD mana regeneration.
Mana Vamp would be a cool ability for a caster champ, since you could attack your opponents sustain while increasing your own time in lane. Is that what old Kassadin used to do? And before you say it, yes I realize this would only be useful against champs that use mana. That would be part of the overall balance.