Upcoming Zyra Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bacardii7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2012

These nerfs are ridiculously huge. This seems like a total kneejerk reaction. I can see nerfing her about half of what she was nerfed and then seeing how it goes for a week and then nerf again if need be. These nerfs are just ridiculously huge.

Bacardii7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2012

She's has a powerful burst and I get kills on her but holy-cow. She dies SO easily. I'm also not a huge fan of passives where you have to be dead to use them. You have to lose to win? What kind of **** is that. I'd rather kill the opponent in the first place without dieing.

These nerfs are major overkill.

BigL80

08-16-2012

If Ori is any indication how Riot treats strong range mages, Zyra won't be fixed for a long time. A VERY long time.

Ulquiorra995

08-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizu View Post
It already does less damage than any equivilent ult. It already has delayed CC while equivilent ults have instant CC.

So now it's what? Just a worse version of Gragas's Ult?

I'm a little sad about this honestly.
Orianna feels your pain bro.

IS11d7fa25c3b38f9b8a36c

08-17-2012

Well, after waiting for a week I guess it's safe to say that no answer to the question "will she be revisited after this hip-shot fix?" (which, as I already stated, was totally understandable with the upcoming tournaments in minds) probably equals a "no".

I have to say this makes me pretty sad, since Zyra's plants no longer feel like a special tool you can use to set up traps and such, instead pretty much forcing every player into the same playstyle of kind of using them as just another damage spell (and even worse: that playstyle is the one that made these nerfs necessary in the first place).

As I said time and again: I never wanted her to be op, but nerfing the only part of her that was unique to her this much (decreasing the damage that additional plants do by a whopping 33% after dropping the ratios from .24 to .2 ... the latter of which happened on PBE so it probably doesn't count, but still ) just feels a bit wrong. I for one would have prefered nerfs to the speed that seeds can be placed with or stronger nerfs on any other part of her kit by far.

For me she just no longer feels like the special champion she was announced to be . And since it seems unlikely that she will get revisited any time soon (since she's more in line now and certainly still strong enough to be viable) I guess I have to move on for now.

Still, thanks to Riot for at least trying to make champs unique.

P.S.: sorry for posting in this thread again, but I had to get that out of my system .

DaedricChampion

08-17-2012

I love the statement on how Zyra's passive is supposed to hinder people who are doing well in game with her and help those who are falling behind with her.

Meanwhile in rengar land...

Cosmic Aries

08-19-2012

I believe this is quite a bit of nerfs. Zyra was a very storong champion early game, But she was also one of the worst late game champions, as she mostly got blown up, and couldnt kill tankish champions. Thats just my opinion, from both the play side and versing opposing Zyras.

ninbushido

08-19-2012

Zyra is still fine. Still bursty or tanky-sustained damage depending on how you build her.
But @Certainlyt:
Why did you design Darius. He's the most anti-fun champion ever. I'd rather face a Teemo.

gfdsgt

08-19-2012

Haven't played release Zyra but I've played a few games with the nerfed version and she feels quite strong, which probably means that these nerfs were deserved

xFreshness

08-19-2012

Hey its been like two weeks I think since this nerf? And guess what you over did it! Big surprise huh? And no one plays Zyra anymore because you nerfed her into the ground. People already bought her so mission accomplished. I can't wait until you hit your Darius quota so you can nerf him into the ground too. Its a long time coming.