Upcoming Zyra Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PandoraIsALady

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante88 View Post
Something I would really love to see is Zyra's plants getting a proper health pool. Other champions with turrets like Shaco and Heimerdinger and fully capable of tanking minions and champions and doing a large amount of damage before dying. Zyra's plants do almost exactly the same thing as Heimer's turrets, difference being that you can actually hit and kill the plants without being in the thorn range with ranged autoattacks and kill them with one ability cast. Teams that know this, cripple Zyra in team fights immensely, while I have seen Shaco and Heimer kill champions solely, 100% of the damage dealt with their summoned turrets, simply because you can't kill them fast enough or due to fear/slow, run away either.
This ^

Vicam78

08-13-2012

Post not relevant to this thread.

msgerbs

08-13-2012

What are your "Nerf zyra" downvotes now, GD?

Spencer

08-13-2012

This is a question about internal testing. It is not meant as a jab; I am actually curious about testing methods.

How does a champ who is so clearly OP reach live? I remember watching a pre-release game with Phreak playing Vayne (are you guys ever going to do that again? I enjoyed it.). It took 10 minutes for the chat to start calling her OP, and sure enough she was borderline broken on release and subsequently ate some pretty quick nerfs.

At some point in internal, someone was likely to say that Zyra (or Vayne) might be too strong. So like I asked, how did they reach live?

TylerOlson Rules

08-13-2012

Your reasoning is simple, youve made the sales you need to make from a new champ, now move on and nerf diana as well than release another op champ
The cycle continues

DeusExLamina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2012

This seems like overkill to me personally. Nerfs across the board will only make her a useless champion in the end. Riot's really making me regret barely picking her over Jayce right now.

Oberic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2012

Ya'll at Riot did the nerfs pretty well.
It didn't hurt my playstyle with her at all, which is good because I really enjoy her right now.

... As long as you don't change how quickly and how many plants she can defend the yard with, I'm happy.

No Mercy117

08-13-2012

I really have no problem with the nerfs I played a few PvE games to get a feel for the changes. Instead of doing 28/2/15 pre nerf, I get consistant 24/5/11. and really the only complaint is her speed. I know a 10 point reduction is nothing but she is slug slow now.

TheHornyPony

08-13-2012

Omg Finally she is nerfed i lost like 80-100 elo becoz of her Opness

CryoBreeze

08-13-2012

Just played as Zyra, and these new nerfs are not quite as bad i was expecting, with one exception: She now walks around on her knees around the map, can't chase, can't escape, can't do anything. you can't get a snare on a champion that's already running away, you can't get a slow to them, and any distance your snare and slow get you when you're escaping they will rapidly close as soon as they get out of the vine whipper's range.

I'm also waiting on that passive fix. Sometimes if i try casting a spell as I die, thorn shoots off in the wrong direction after 2 seconds. That whole fix needs to be something along the lines of "You can only shoot the thorn once she will actually shoot the thorn." Something like the fix where Orianna gets a cooldown whenever her ball automatically snaps back to her.