Upcoming Zyra Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saintsalacious

08-07-2012

Wow. Nerfs galore.

NeoStyleZ

08-07-2012

Woooow RIP Zyra... now i feel sad for buying her,cuz these changes for sure gonna kill her! Its for sure waaay to much nerfs specialy move speed.....ap ratios shuld be buffed to compensate

P.s. on a side note funny to see nerfs not still hiting Darius ....guess to much ppl bought him since every noob can do good with him

WashedLaundry

08-07-2012

Well I'm glad these changes happened, but Riot, I kinda wanna ask: why did you nerf the damage from her plants in general if you wanted her to focus more on them?

Duke Br0heimer

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
The real question is--

Wasn't this on EU forums hours and hours ago?
God forbid the EU people receive information first for once, instead of being held in the dark about practically everything 24/7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certainlyt View Post
Zyra is a wee bit strong at the moment.
>Nerfs everything

Vesper Ghoul

08-07-2012

Meh I primarily played Zyra as a support mage bot, however with these new changes I will probably be going back to alistar.

Not that the nerfs were not deserved in some repects, however with this many nerfs I feel that the feel and expectations I have formed after playing the champ will be too different from her performance post-fix. The best way I've found to get used to this and most of the mass nerfs to champs is to not play the champ for a long period of time, in order to forget how good they were previously, and begin on a blank slate.

At the very least Riot is doing the right thing by not release champs in the same fashion as Yorick. Where they are so terrible underpowered to begin that they leave a bad taste in the mouths of the people who bought him even after all the buffs. (I still hate playing that champ to this day because of the horrible experiences I had on the first week of getting him)

Mulldozer5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
For this, we all agreed on these changes, I looked over these pretty extensively myself.

Additionally, you argued "nah it's fine" instead of refuting or contesting CertainlyT's well-articulated points. It's hard to have a balance dialog against "no." This is one of the most clear cut cases of OP we've had in a long time.
She was definitely strong. Without knowing too much, I think zyra would have been completely balanced if she was a single-target AP. Her 100%>0% was unparalleled for an AoE champ, so these nerfs are founded.

Leon

08-07-2012

all of these changes are really good.

...although I'm not sure how I feel about the movespeed nerf..To combo in the way it seems like you guys intend for her to combo she kinda needs to have a fair amount of movespeed to position herself properly for seeding. but... if she keeps the movespeed then her e burst combo will still be bloody annoying and extremely easy to do.

Rai Ryu Sen

08-07-2012

This needed to happen. If she becomes weak then she will be buffed into being viable again in the next patches. Sometimes it takes a while to balance champions properly.

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2012

It's sad to see even when the majority of the community agreed for these changes, there are people arguing for otherwise.

Grasping Roots is like an AoE Dark Binding. That thing fcking hurts, and the root duration is quite substantial at upper ranks.

I also think those people aren't accounting for the high potential of multiple plant-turret damage.
If you can rooted around 3 seeds (1 seed + 2 she'll put down right after she roots you), you will get BARRAGED with turret-damage. That stuff currently stacks and hits like a truck.

That is on top of the fact she has 3 standard AP-scaling nuke abilities, Q, E, and R.

And there's virtually no risk involved! She can E, WW, Q, R, then walk away and you get pounded by turrets for most of your health.
If she sticks around and your team somehow kills her - She still has that passive to BAM giant true-damage seed in your face.

CloaknDagger222

08-07-2012

If you guys are going to enter a debate about these, do yourself a favor and thoroughly explain your reasoning and counter-reasoning to Morello's input. Doing otherwise gets you ignored.

Morello, I like the changes. Thanks for addressing her.