Upcoming Zyra Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Steinick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2012

Remember, no change is permanent. If they nerf her too much, they can always continue to try and find the happy medium.

Awaen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2012

Certainlyt, can we at least see a fix to her passive so the ****ed thing doesn't lock on and fire if you were casting a skill when you died. Spamming a button in the right direction is NOT a solution, since you've already screwed the strategic value of waiting on a shot.

So annoying losing the passive shot into thin air because you couldnt' wait for a good shot.

Otherwise, her nerfs feel fine, though the cut on the ult range hurts me more then I'd like.

IS19376f376160d609e2605

08-08-2012

i wish they reverted her ms nerf

MelodyOfIce

08-08-2012

@Certainlyt Just an odd question... You said that Zyra, to you is "a much richer experience as a sustained damage mage who uses plants and moderate cooldown skillshots to whittle down an enemy over the course of an engagement."
Yet you also say "On Live, I frequently just sit on two seeds so that I can be sure to burst someone if I land a random E or they go aggressive on me."

Soooooo... Is this a contradiction? o.o

And also, if you wanted to make her a sustain mage, it may have been better to not nerf her plants, give them a larger range, and/or make the plants last longer, because they don't really do that much damage anymore.
People can just avoid her plants once they see the seed, or just sit outside her spell range. Also, I had no idea about this nerf on Diana release, so I thought it was odd when I couldn't turret dive to kill a karthus, or how little damage my plants were doing.

Another thing... I thought that Zyra's plants are supposed to prioritize Champs instead of being, well... vegetables. XD

Anyways that's my rant. XD

DemothHymside

08-08-2012

I'm so glad I didn't buy Zyra. In fact, I'm not never buying champs that are less than 6 months old.

When I first joined this game (I'm fairly new) I bought Lulu. People whined and complained, and Lulu was nerfed into ****.

Zyra looked fun, but I KNEW she was getting nerfed. I've fought her with Ahri in a -lot- of games, and she never gave me problem, making me wonder what all this "Zyra QQ" was.... but I thought, ok, maybe I didn't fight very good Zyra's the entire time, as unlikely as that seemed.

Maybe Zyra did need nerfs, but I can already tell they're going to do to her what they did to Sona and Lulu, and just **** all over her until she's unplayable. I can feel it in my bones.

Kneon

08-08-2012

wow i was wondering what that hotfix was. did NOT expect this. even if some of this is warranted, how can you justify putting this much of a derp 1. so fast and 2. in a hotfix? who threw up the batsignal that the new champ's OP factor was so grotesque and so obscene that this much derpage needed to happen as a hotfix?

not only is this waayyy too excessive (i've been beating up zyra's as malzahar since release) for a champ who is a B - B+ range imo but it is a complete slap in the face to everyone who bought her (like me). i was actually quite impressed with Riot for leaving Darius/Jayce/Draven mostly intact and playable after release because then people got their money's worth but it's like saying "hey everyone buy this new car, here's what it's like" then after purchase saying "oh yeah well we took the horsepower down a couple notches after you signed the papers....that thing was pretty fast."

half the people who bought her haven't even had a chance to really get into it with her yet. NEW RULE no one should be able to get nerfed for a pre-set amount of time Riot decides and announces.. if it is so unbelievably broken that it has to get nerfed out of the gate, then you didn't take enough time to develop it before releasing. i need to stop getting champs at release. buyer's remorse OP.

DaedricChampion

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper6 View Post
wow i was wondering what that hotfix was. did NOT expect this. even if some of this is warranted, how can you justify putting this much of a derp 1. so fast and 2. in a hotfix? who threw up the batsignal that the new champ's OP factor was so grotesque and so obscene that this much derpage needed to happen as a hotfix?

not only is this waayyy too excessive (i've been beating up zyra's as malzahar since release) for a champ who is a B - B+ range imo but it is a complete slap in the face to everyone who bought her (like me). i was actually quite impressed with Riot for leaving Darius/Jayce/Draven mostly intact and playable after release because then people got their money's worth but it's like saying "hey everyone buy this new car, here's what it's like" then after purchase saying "oh yeah well we took the horsepower down a couple notches after you signed the papers....that thing was pretty fast."
I wish she was released weaker so i wasnt so disappointed seeing her released as she was then nerfed so hard. now i know how people feel when their champs get nerfed to hell.

Hidosai

08-08-2012

In regards to her "still being strong", shouldn't that be somewhat acceptable especially the way the game is right now? What I mean by that is, in competitive play, there are only a handful of AP mids that get good amounts of play. Ahri, Ryze, Cassiopeia, TF, and Anivia. Maybe a Vladimir here or a Orianna there. If she's strong post-nerf, there's a definite chance she'll get more play.

Personally, I like seeing new champions used in tournaments pretty early instead of waiting 2-4 months down the road until someone picks them up and does well.

EDIT: Also, if you guys want her to be more along the lines of a sustained damage mage, her plants die too easily in team fights. If they don't already, I'd say make her plants take less damage due to AoE.

Ishinokao

08-08-2012

Can you make it so that her plants will attack champs that are hit by her spells?

With her now extra extra slow movement speed it will be even more challenging and dangerous to simply get your plants to attack your intended target in lane.

I've lost so many kills just because my plants feel like minions are more important than killing the dude ahead of me, I don't think auto attacking to get my damage to work properly should be something I have to do as Zyra. :|

EMKna

08-08-2012

Okay Balance guys, I have some questions:

Did you really make Taokaka faster? If so, why? Dear god, Cat-women overlords.

Besides that, I'd like to know more about Overdrive and Guard Crushes. What are the exact mechanics, and what are the reasons for them? A lot of people are worried that Overdrive is going to end up like lolol-factor. It's not, right?