Upcoming Zyra Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lolki

08-08-2012

I should have known Zyra was a little op, because I was good at being a caster mid for once >.< From a completely self serving perspective I am sorry to see her numbers get adjusted down, but I am still sure she will be extremely fun to play. My favorite mage this far. Thank you Riot for making her, even if she doesn't have any clothes ;p

catwang0

08-08-2012

Wow, this is pretty disappointing for me. I wish I'd seen this sooner and saved my IP for someone else. -__- They better nerf the sh*t out of Diana.

uBrandon

08-08-2012

I think nerfing the radius of her ult would have been good but this is too much. Her teamfight is really good, I think that's what made her so op. She has a lot of utility, large aoe knockup, aoe snare.

BlueWallpaper

08-08-2012

Good job with the changes. She was clearly over powered and it's great that you guys acted so quickly.

HayabusaZero

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayabusaZero View Post
I have to agree with many fellow summoners about the quantity of changes over Zyra. They are too many, too drastic. In some cases, you even have to relearn her abilities if you are now used to her.

Now, i have a question about the thought process of this changes. If the PBE time is to tune a champ so this wouldn't happen, how does Zyra came from there been so "op" (in your words)?

In my opinion, there is some flaw on your current testing system if this kind of thing happens. What is the point on releasing new champs there if you don't tune them before Public release? That's is the greatest mistery in my opinion.
I quote myself in search for an answer!

DARK P3RF3CTION

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendek View Post
Yes she was OP. But now she's most likely dead. Remember last year's Orianna ? The nerfs were well-thought and argumented, too. She still ended up useless for something like ten months.
Byebye Zyra, you were fun to play.
... Orianna never ended up useless, people were just like "OHS NOES I HAVE TO LEARN TO PLAY DIFFERENTLY" there were relatively no changes between her nerfs and when she became popular after salce picked her up.

Aemys

08-08-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ighlight=aemys

Go there if you want an in-depth discussion of why I think Riot missed the mark with these nerfs.

Also, it's disappointing that Riot seems to have forgotten what their own champion was supposed to be. She's a COMBO MAGE, but they somehow thought it was her burst that was the problem. COMBO MAGE = BURST.

They've lost sight of their own champion by trying to put too much into one champion, therefore making her impossible to balance. Please go read my thoughts about why her CDR is the problem.

Zaresin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certainlyt View Post
LeBlanc is a massive lane bully with very low team fight presence. Zyra arguably offers the most late game utility of any mage we've ever released. LeBlanc needs to dominate lane to have any relevance at all; Zyra doesn't.
Have you ever thought of redesigning Leblanc to have more of a game presence? Currently she feels like she would only fit in a few situations. She is called the deceiver, I feel should be better at deceiving her enemies into thinking she is weak...not decieving herself once late game rolls around. I just feel underwealmed with her compared to most other burst ap mages.

DaedricChampion

08-08-2012

After playing her she seems significantly weaker early game especially if you want to keep her movement speed by getting ms quints over ap and her base stats were hacked down ontop of that. Laning phase wasnt her main problem it was mostly team fights which got fixed on her but she still got crippled in lane from the nerfs.

gerapluss

08-08-2012

Zyra, up to (even) always.
T_T