Upcoming Zyra Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fyacin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2012

Awesome post, thank you so much for your thought process behind these nerfs.

Absozero

08-07-2012

Nooooooooooo!! So unwarrented. She may need a small tweak but this nerf will leave her drowning. GG Zyra. you were fun while you lasted. :*(

GravyJones27

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jampirow View Post
You can't really tell how good a champ is until they go live.

Sejuani sounds good on paper. On practice? Not so much.
pbe?

Baron Bodacious

08-07-2012

Love the communication and how informative the "patch notes" are. I never had an issue with Zyra, but really good job here Riot.

StrykerMcClain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2012

Riot releases champ as OP so everyone buys with cash, then nerf into the ground after a week.

She was strong, yes. But now you're nerfing her sub competitive tier because she was too strong. Thanks for that. I was just having fun with her, now she's just going to be useless.
RIP Zyra. Beaten to death with the nerf bat. GG.

TKiWhiskie

08-07-2012

I don't think too many people seriously believe that Zyra isn't overpowered in her current state, but I must say I strongly disagree with this seemingly kneejerk reaction on Riot's part when it comes to balancing.

I'm of the opinion that to make a truly balanced game any sort of changes need to happen slowly. If after two weeks or so it seems that Zyra's burst is too much maybe think about hitting one aspect of the issue at a time perhaps by nerfing the damage to her Q, E and R and then seeing how things change from there. I think it's better to slowly nerf something to be on par with the rest than make massive, sweeping changes all at once and risk ruining the champion. What's the rush? Balance at a more slow and measured pace, please. <3

Big Skler

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKiWhiskie View Post
I don't think too many people seriously believe that Zyra isn't overpowered in her current state, but I must say I strongly disagree with this seemingly kneejerk reaction on Riot's part when it comes to balancing.

I'm of the opinion that to make a truly balanced game any sort of changes need to happen slowly. If after two weeks or so it seems that Zyra's burst is too much maybe think about hitting one aspect of the issue at a time perhaps by nerfing the damage to her Q, E and R and then seeing how things change from there. I think it's better to slowly nerf something to be on par with the rest than make massive, sweeping changes all at once and risk ruining the champion. What's the rush? Balance at a more slow and measured pace, please. <3
She was ruining the game whenever she was played, I've been avoiding blind pick like the plague lately because she's so ridiculous to play with/against. Hopefully these nerfs tone her down to the point where she doesn't ruin the game.

If the nerfs are too hard (very unlikely) then they can buff her, but she was incredibly OP and needed big nerfs.

Chill77

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrawr View Post
Inb4 "omg shes nerfed qq eve tier has now become zyra tier"
She'll be more mid tier ap, but that's a huge drop from top tier ap

Ben Caxton

08-07-2012

What happened to nerfing a little bit at time?

Remember when you did that with a few champs and it worked out really well cause its nearly impossible to predict the full impact of even minor changes.

Though I can understand why you would want to make Zyra another obscure, semi-viable mid just in time for the new champ to come out.

Burt Reynolds

08-07-2012

I liked Zyra, even if she is nerfed to oblivion I'll still play her. **** the meta. At least thats what I tell myself when I spend real money on a champ bundle.