Xin Zhao vs Jax jungle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PhageQuitter

08-06-2012

So I've come to realize I hate Mundo, Rammus, Nunu and other traditional tanky support junglers. I really like jungling Jax because he is a really good duelist and is actually GOOD late game and can shred people unlike most other junglers I play. Xin Zhao looks similar to Jax in terms of late game strength and being a good duelist. I'm considering buying Xin because he looks really fun, can anyone that has played both give some idea of the similarities and differences between them?

Also, is Jax a viable jungler at all? He and Lee Sin are the only ones I've been really successful with despite trying a lot of the popular junglers.

AlphaKatana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Jax is a totally viable jungler.

NoLegendAlive

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhageQuitter View Post
So I've come to realize I hate Mundo, Rammus, Nunu and other traditional tanky support junglers. I really like jungling Jax because he is a really good duelist and is actually GOOD late game and can shred people unlike most other junglers I play. Xin Zhao looks similar to Jax in terms of late game strength and being a good duelist. I'm considering buying Xin because he looks really fun, can anyone that has played both give some idea of the similarities and differences between them?

Also, is Jax a viable jungler at all? He and Lee Sin are the only ones I've been really successful with despite trying a lot of the popular junglers.

Jax is an ok yet viable jungler. This is because Jax scales on items to deal damage. As a jungler, you won't nearly get as much items on Jax as you would top lane. But he is still one of my favourite junglers.

PhageQuitter

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKatana View Post
Jax is a totally viable jungler.
Thank you for confirming my thoughts. I guess people just like to get mad whenever they see something uncommon in queue.

Mackh

08-06-2012

I enjoy Xin as a jungle very much. I feel his charge is a better gap closer than Jaxs jump. And Xins ganks are really good
Edit: Forgot to mention that Xin also has good passive sustain

Eaglewolf

08-06-2012

Hes not made for the jungle, but he's viable in the jungle. Honestly he is a better top lane in my opinion. Noct, Lee Sin, Udyr ,Malphite, Warwick i would say are the best actual jungling champions. Get xin though hes awesome.

Treeke

08-06-2012

Well, jax has a stun and a gap closer.

His E can deny a lot of damage from the jungle creeps. His Ult passive is like a semi wriggles proc. He is da champ.

Yeah, he is viable on the jungle. I think the success of a junglejax is if he can time well his stun.

PhageQuitter

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglewolf View Post
Hes not made for the jungle, but he's viable in the jungle. Honestly he is a better top lane in my opinion. Noct, Lee Sin, Udyr ,Malphite, Warwick i would say are the best actual jungling champions. Get xin though hes awesome.
(disclaimer, I don't mean to be negative, I'm actually asking because I have no clue what defines a top tier jungler.)

What makes any of those champs you listed better junglers?

I always hear about people saying certain heroes are bad junglers because they are better in top lane. But what actually makes them not good in the jungle. Let's take Warwick for example, he has no gap closer or CC until level 6, and slower clearing speeds than Jax. Jax is also amazing at dueling in the jungle and getting away from people. I actually hear a lot that once you get runes Warwick's sustain is unneeded and everything else he does is sub par. Is spammable AoE really the only thing defining actual top tier junglers? It seems like all the top tier junglers in the reignofgaming list have spammable AoE.