Top 5 support

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

summoz

08-06-2012

I want to be a dedicated support player..

What top 5 support champs should i stick to and what situations would you pick them under?

nasnipMANGCOOL

08-24-2012

I kinda main support, I have all the *usual* support champs. My top 5 support champs, supports that just really go well with most AD carries are:

5. Karma
4. Janna
3. Sona
2. Taric
1. Soraka

Karma works well with most AD carries. Her shield is probably one of the best shields in the game. Her heal also damages enemies. She's not like any other support, I see her as an AP mage support.

Janna also has a pretty good shield. What makes her better than Karma, imo, is her CC. You can mess up enemies' positioning with Janna's ult and tornado, plus she has a slow.

I find using Sona more often than Karma and Janna that's because she's VERY EASY to use. She only has one target spell, which is her ult. Her AOE heal, movement speed buff, and damage buff are spammable giving you endless assists, especially in team fights. If you land her ult perfectly in team fights, it's almost a sure win.

Taric, is I would say my main support. Taric works well with AD carries with burst damage like Graves and Vayne. He's got a 1.5 sec stun (all levels), heal, armor aura, and damage buff, what else can you ask for as an AD carry?

In my opinion, Soraka is the best support in the game. She is just a walking base. She gives you unlimited mana, making your AD carry spam like crazy during lane phase. She also has the best heal in the game. Her ult is just self-explanatory. She's got long silence, preventing enemies from escaping with flash, ghost, dash, or blink. If your team already has enough CC, you can never go wrong with a Soraka support, especially if the other team is magic heavy (her passive).

Another champion that's worth mentioning is Alistar and Blitzcrank. They are bullies in bottom lane. Alistar is just full of CC and very beefy especially in late game. Blitzcrank, one of the most used supports in the game, is very annoying. If Blitzcrank pulls your AD carry, that AD carry is dead, well most of the time.

Good luck supporting! It's a very fun role, I don't know why most LoL players find supporting boring. Maybe that's because you don't get kills and CS. Nonetheless, good luck and have fun!

Oh, another little tip about supporting: WARD! WARD! WARD!

grrmatt

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasnipMANGCOOL View Post
I kinda main support, I have all the *usual* support champs. My top 5 support champs, supports that just really go well with most AD carries are:

5. Karma
4. Janna
3. Sona
2. Taric
1. Soraka

Karma works well with most AD carries. Her shield is probably one of the best shields in the game. Her heal also damages enemies. She's not like any other support, I see her as an AP mage support.

Janna also has a pretty good shield. What makes her better than Karma, imo, is her CC. You can mess up enemies' positioning with Janna's ult and tornado, plus she has a slow.

I find using Sona more often than Karma and Janna that's because she's VERY EASY to use. She only has one target spell, which is her ult. Her AOE heal, movement speed buff, and damage buff are spammable giving you endless assists, especially in team fights. If you land her ult perfectly in team fights, it's almost a sure win.

Taric, is I would say my main support. Taric works well with AD carries with burst damage like Graves and Vayne. He's got a 1.5 sec stun (all levels), heal, armor aura, and damage buff, what else can you ask for as an AD carry?

In my opinion, Soraka is the best support in the game. She is just a walking base. She gives you unlimited mana, making your AD carry spam like crazy during lane phase. She also has the best heal in the game. Her ult is just self-explanatory. She's got long silence, preventing enemies from escaping with flash, ghost, dash, or blink. If your team already has enough CC, you can never go wrong with a Soraka support, especially if the other team is magic heavy (her passive).

Another champion that's worth mentioning is Alistar and Blitzcrank. They are bullies in bottom lane. Alistar is just full of CC and very beefy especially in late game. Blitzcrank, one of the most used supports in the game, is very annoying. If Blitzcrank pulls your AD carry, that AD carry is dead, well most of the time.

Good luck supporting! It's a very fun role, I don't know why most LoL players find supporting boring. Maybe that's because you don't get kills and CS. Nonetheless, good luck and have fun!

Oh, another little tip about supporting: WARD! WARD! WARD!
no nunu? no alistar? no blitz?

JesusPwns0926

08-24-2012

Blitz
Taric
Nunu
Sona
Lulu

Just my opinion

Qooba

08-24-2012

leona, nunu, lulu, blitz, janna

KuroKazame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2012

Taric, Soraka, Nunu, Blitz, Alistar

Daxxxter

08-24-2012

To be honest, it's all up to you and your play style. If you like shields, lulu, janna, and karma, maybe lux (she isn't played as much of a support) are good. If you're into heal, lulu (her ult), karma, sona, soraka, and taric are right there. If you want a kill lane, you have leona, alistar, nunu, taric, and blitz. There are probably more, but you have to experiment with many champs. HAVE FUN!

Sageoffire

08-24-2012

the support that you pick has EVERYTHING to do with the champions everyone else picks and NOTHING to do with who is good and who isnt. you cant just choose alistar and win because alistar is OP. you pick supports like you would pick a top laner, to counter

bladeofwill

08-24-2012

Leona - Kill lane. Really tanky in teamfights. Great cc.
Sona - Great cc, good auras, brings everything you could want (damage, utility, cc, healing, defense).
Taric - Beefy w/ armor aura for lane partner, scary lockon hard cc, steroid ult.
Janna - Super safe lane, lots of cc, shield for psuedosustain, possibly best ult on any support.
Nunu - Really strong in 2v2 since he can slow/attack speed slow the enemy and move/attack speed buff his ally.

Just my opinion really.

Soraka is more annoying/boring than good, she doesnt really bring anything to make you win the lane/game, she just helps you not lose it.
Blitz really good if you can land pulls, but I think Leona is more consistent and brings more to teamfights.
Lulu I dont really have a lot of experience with/against, so cant comment too much.
Alistar is also strong, but a bit similar to Blitz in that if people play passive/safe against him, he cant do as much.

CrayonPop ChoA

08-24-2012

As a support player I recommend these supports.
-Janna: Lots of utility and high skill cap support also high reward. A support that is make or break.
Works well with almost every ADC.
-Taric: Works well with a good coordinated team. Tanky and fairly easy to play. Can counter that Blitz adc bot lane.
-Alistar: A bully support like Blitz he should be more agro than just sitting in the back healing.
-Sona: Good sustain and on of the best AOE stun for a support. Easy to play as well.
-Leona: Works well with Graves overall. agressive support like Alistar and Blitz. Good cc

Yea I dont really like the style of Blitz or Soraka so dont wonder why they arent on my list xD