Sick of hearing "You really think Riot will ban me?"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Decepticon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModestRodent View Post
Every time I threaten reporting someone for afk'ing, intentional feeding, verbal harassment, etc I usually get the response

"lol, go cry more. You really think if you report I will get banned? Why don't you grow up?"

I report them anyways but I get the feeling that they do it every game and get away with it so that they think they can just be jerks and get away with it.
That's because Most likely he won't be banned.

EIometer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2010

Threatening to ban someone verbally / in chat just makes you look like an idiot. Mute them, and report them afterwards. There's no need to tell them. Half time the you'll look like a crybaby anyways.

NINailedYou

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by StyLeD View Post
Threatening to ban someone verbally / in chat just makes you look like an idiot. Mute them, and report them afterwards. There's no need to tell them. Half time the you'll look like a crybaby anyways.
What if there's a chance he'll stop calling you names or not go afk because he's afraid of being banned?

yuke

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosog View Post
Its the internet bro.......

If these things annoy you then you might not make it as a gamer.

Are you that surprised?
uh this guy kind of has a point... competitive gaming whether or not they ban them will continue to happen, and if little things like this annoy you the chances of you finding consistant enjoyment in such a community is very unlikely.

Tosog

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerritorialFish View Post
If you were playing a friendly game of soccer at the park and then a player stormed off saying "HE STOLE MY GOAL, I"M LEAVING CUASE YOU'RE ALL IDIOTS" I think you would never be invited back again to play soccer and everyone would think you are a giant d.o.u.che. Why does the internet make it ok?

Umm...except that this is THE INTERNET where every1 here is ANONYMOUS!!!!!

People know they can get away with saying rough things because they know you cant do anything about it...

How hard is this to understand?

KalosCast

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerritorialFish View Post
Ya, but instead of threatening to "tell mom" I feel like you're threatening to never invite them back to the game. When I ask someone to not AFK or I will report them, I am not trying to cause drama. I usually don't use that tactic until after I have apologized for kill stealing or tried to convince them we still have a chance if they play. Then if they still don't move, I say "fine I'm reporting you."

It's not like saying "I'm telling mom on youuuu" it's more like saying "I don't want you don't play this game anymore because you've ruined it."
Except that you're not threatening to never invite them back to a game, because (1) unless you're playing a lot of ranked on a slow day you're probably never going to see them again (2) Reporting and ignoring players doesn't prevent them from getting matchmade with you or anyone else and (3) If the person is really angry or trolling enough to afk for the whole game, they're not going to care. Basically, your analogy is "fine! I don't want you to play soccer with us anyway!" while you're in a giant park with thousands of people looking for one more guy for their soccer team and aren't picky. And you might be forced to play with them anyway because your parents and his parents go to the same parties.

Though, given that Riot either rarely enforces bans or simply gets too many reports to actually deal with it (I assume frivolous reports are rather common), it's less a mom and more a distant authority figure who's processes I don't fully understand. So I guess it should be "I'm telling Dad!"

orange mint

09-11-2010

just report at the end of the game, no need to make a scene.

EIometer

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINailedYou View Post
What if there's a chance he'll stop calling you names or not go afk because he's afraid of being banned?
There is no chance. That's the internet. No one is going to take any insult without replying because on the internet, YOU are the man.....or so everyone thinks.

Villiroth

09-11-2010

Click report, fill it out, reported player gets added to a "do not play with" list on the reporting summoners profile regardless of the decision RIOT comes to, said player never has to play with that particular ass hat again.

Problem solved and all with just a few lines of code.

DoransTroll

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalosCast View Post
If you were playing a friendly game of soccer at the park and then this same scenario happened, and another player called out as he stormed off "I'M TELLING MOM!" then he would appear just as foolish.

Is it really that hard to... you know, not be a drama queen? 9 times out of 10 they're just doing it to get a reaction anyway.

If you're going to report them, report them, don't pretend it makes you a bad ass.
However, if it's at a local gym that has a rule against drinking/eating (trolling, feeding), and you tell the gym owner (Riot), then it matters a lot more because they are actually in a position of power.