Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So, Amumu...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

me2893

09-11-2010

if amumu is on opponents team add cleanse to your team. since he will likely tank and get lots of health make sure to get madreds. if you are a mage he is not your job to deal with anyway like any tank.

Festian

09-11-2010

You know, at this point of the game, I don't think the top tier champions are overpowered. It's more like there are too many underpowered champions. After the mass nerfing we've had, I think Riot needs to start working on buffs.

Sir Hamilton III

09-11-2010

Lots of tanks can compete with Amumu. It's just no one tries. His Ult isn't OP at all, it's just people panic when it gets casted on them and they assume it's GG.

l2counterpick imo

Quantumprophecy

09-11-2010

Your an idiot if you think amumu needs to be nerfed. He is at no different level than he has been for the last few months. Just because there is no more S Tier for champs, doesn't mean all the A Tier champs are OP, it just means the game needs a bit more balancing to bring the B Tier tanks up to par.

Dryzen

09-11-2010

Quote:
Kittehs:
Amumu's only problem is that he deals TOO much damage for a tank.

Amumu only does "too much damage" cause he does %hp for damage not flat damage and with the current us server metagame (being beefy champions with high HP) he does work VERY well. Does that make him OP? Not by any means. Just a very good fit in the metagame.

logg

Recruiter

09-11-2010

what types of nerfs do you propose? his ult cd is already pretty long, his base stats are pretty bad as far as tanks go... the problem is he has kind of a monopoly on aoe initiation as far as tanks go. galio could cut it, but he aint got no bandage toss. also, amumu jungles quite well which is rare for a tank.

in any case, soraka, alistar, tristana, and cho (too bad cho isn't a very viable pick) are pretty good anti-amumus.

Ruscour

09-11-2010

I'd like to see buffs to other tanks. Tanky DPS is very win right now, so I'd like to see tanky tanks get buffed so Amumu can feel less important. Like Alistar. He's so pro.

FDru

09-11-2010

Quote:
Opposite:
what would be his nerfs? They already reduced the mr he removes.

Reduction on range of his ult, probably.

Morello

Lead Designer

09-11-2010

I don't disagree. His kit makes it hard to adjust numbers and feel right. I think the problem is he's an ult-bot.

This is something I've been thinking about, but I think more drastic things would have to happen to nerf him without ruining him.