Statistical Analysis of Tribunal Cases

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Three Oh One

09-30-2012

This is the greatest thing I've seen here. Thank you for this analysis, it is very informative and contains the kind of information I could not personally collect from Tribunal cases.

Keep up the good work, and if you ever need help with additional research, I would love to help!

Edit: A question, if you're still taking them: what did you code these programs in? This in particular fascinates me.

gnfnrf

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Oh One View Post
This is the greatest thing I've seen here. Thank you for this analysis, it is very informative and contains the kind of information I could not personally collect from Tribunal cases.

Keep up the good work, and if you ever need help with additional research, I would love to help!

Edit: A question, if you're still taking them: what did you code these programs in? This in particular fascinates me.
I use a series of python scripts to gather and process the data, then the statistical software package R to analyze it.

The first python script downloads the main Reform Card page, then reads and downloads each of the individual game datafiles that page uses. These are saved as text files.

Then, a few different scripts read those text files and extract useful data into a few different .csv files.

Then, I import those .csv files into R and run my analyses manually.

Gangplank2010

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tray View Post
Yes. But why? They're already done and explained for us. I read through all four parts and they're valid statistically. Even the conclusions are accurate to the assumptions made.

You googled a few stats terms you don't understand, in an attempt to discredit this body of work, and I'm not sure why. My guess would be that you have a very significant bias against LoL and Riot.
Kid I'm Biologist I know statistics at least at a basic level, and I can understand what he did, however, I do not know how to use python programming.

LittleDi

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank2010 View Post
Kid I'm Biologist I know statistics at least at a basic level, and I can understand what he did, however, I do not know how to use python programming.
A biologist is a scientist who studies living organisms and their relationship to their environment. Biologists involved in basic research attempt to discover underlying mechanisms that govern how organisms work. Biologists involved in applied research attempt to develop or improve medical, industrial or agricultural processes.

So basically you don't have any experience in statistics as life forms tend to ignore statistics.

I would hate to be your boss. It appears you only spew out garbage all day and have little to no knowledge of what research is.

Three Oh One

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDi View Post
A biologist is a scientist who studies living organisms and their relationship to their environment. Biologists involved in basic research attempt to discover underlying mechanisms that govern how organisms work. Biologists involved in applied research attempt to develop or improve medical, industrial or agricultural processes.

So basically you don't have any experience in statistics as life forms tend to ignore statistics.

I would hate to be your boss. It appears you only spew out garbage all day and have little to no knowledge of what research is.
I think you're ignoring the fact that any kind of scientist, physical or social, must be familiar with basic statistical analysis, considering it's fundamental in drawing conclusions based off of experiments and the resultant data.

Synwhisper

09-30-2012

This was awesome. Really want more!

YuDanCha

09-30-2012

Interesting that supports get reported the least. I wonder if that has anything to do with the type of people who prefer to play them.

Tray

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank2010 View Post
HAAHAHAHHA! Oh man, you're the gift that just keeps on giving. Internet Biologist turned statistician.

Yeah I really believe you. Your story seems so legit.

Every Biologist* (which means he's almost certainly still in school) rages all over the tribunal forums. After all, it's the adult thing to do.

lolLuckylol

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tray View Post
HAAHAHAHHA! Oh man, you're the gift that just keeps on giving. Internet Biologist turned statistician.

Yeah I really believe you. Your story seems so legit.

Every Biologist* (which means he's almost certainly still in school) rages all over the tribunal forums. After all, it's the adult thing to do.

im an engineer and scientist and i complain at tribunal forums and im an adult...

UR POINT?!!?!??!?!?!!??!?!?!??!?!

Ulanopo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolLuckylol View Post
im an engineer and scientist and i complain at tribunal forums and im an adult...

UR POINT?!!?!??!?!?!!??!?!?!??!?!
Are you e e cummings' love child?