There's hope!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NamKim

08-06-2012

I have been following that thread and I would just like to summarize a few points since it does take awhile to read.

-President Tryn was pretty much saying how he wants to improve Riot's communication with their fanbase. (which could be interpreted as Riot is going to try not making some people (Dominion players) feel abandoned.
-Morello stated that while he feels Summoner's Rift will remain League of Legends' primary map, he does believe other maps should not be ignored.
-Morello said that for Dominion, it is no longer "discussing on how to fix the problem" but now "fixing the problems."
-Morello stated that there seems to be issues with Dominion that may be a setback.

So, to sum this all up: Riot is working on Dominion. There might be an issue here or there but it is actually being worked on. So, we should not give up hope.

If you want more detail, you are going to have to look in that topic...I am far too lazy and tired to do it myself right now...

Also to go off topic here, Tryn also stated Season 3 is just a taste of the awesomeness we will see in the future.

Phourc

08-07-2012

Nome's been awfully quiet as of late, I suspect he may be actually working. Like... on Dominion. xP

Redenbacher

08-07-2012

The words are nice, but the answer was still, "we're working on it." They're... slightly more convincing this time, but I'm not convinced until I see action.

There's a long lineup of huge time-sinking games coming out over the next couple of months for me, what with Guild Wars 2, Torchlight 2, and Borderlands 2. I suspect my Dominion time will be limited if not non-existent for awhile as I don't have much time each day for gaming.

I do hope that by the time I come back to the degree of Dominion play time I currently invest, some really great changes have come to fruition and it's taken (slightly more) seriously.

Lindre

08-07-2012

I'll likely be pre-occupied with the huge Firefall overhaul milestone that's dropping this week, but hey it's a glimmer of hope for Dominion that wasn't there before. Granted, I'm still a newer player to LoL so I'm not quite so jaded as the rest of you yet either.

Well that and Riot got even more of my money with the Diana bundle. She just looked so awesome, as well as being female, I'm a sucker for pretty skins.

Ariou

08-08-2012

Looks like even xypherous is chiming in on dominion a bit and he is interested in getting it supported. It's begining to look like there is a lot of talk internally about dominion at riot and we may not see too many changes until season 3. But this last bit is entirely speculation.

Quote:
I'd love to take the time to figure out how to make Dominion a deeper, richer and ultimately more engaging experience.

I keep tossing around the idea of Dominion having it's own set of specialized summoner spells that we can then balance to Dominion to Nome with no avail. XD I think it'd actually be rather cool if, you know, summoner spell cooldowns were equally low to match the fast pace of Dominion - but I'll ultimately defer to RiotNome's judgement on that.

In short - yeah, would absolutely love to make our currently existing map modes deeper and more compelling rather than develop new ones. Right now, I think the itemization / season 3 work that Live is doing will affect all maps to some degree - so I'm busy churning on that.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...83827#27983827

El Naphtali

08-08-2012

Ultimately they keep saying they're going to work/fix Dominion but the proof is in the pudding. When you see most of the designers say stuff like "we want to make it a deeper, richer experience" to me says "I haven't played Dominion seriously since 2011 and have no idea what its like right now".

I'm going glass half empty on this until there's some actual love publicly shown towards Dominion beyond platitudes (like Phreak actually giving a serious Dom build in the champ spotlights rather then just his SR build for starters).

Lopretni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma View Post
The correct responses to these kinds of people are:

Don't let the door hit you on the way out!
Can I have your RP?
See you next week!
Yes, deflection, rather than taking their concerns into account, or wonder if the reasons they may have left are a problem for other people who are leaving... just deflect with ****ty one liners.

**** off, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
This makes even less sense. If they were obsessed with profit, why would they hand out small amounts of RP like candy?
They don't anymore, ever since Tencent got involved. The last time was 1000 RP given out to, I wouldn't even say three thousand players who had temporary content loss.

Quote:
Why would they have given that guy who made a Sad Robot Amumu model 3900 RP out of the blue?
...because they took his design and sold it. They did that so there would be less of a chance of legal red tape. Riot took his design and sold it. Blah blah blah EULA, those don't hold up in court, kids.

Quote:
Why did they hand out any free RP at all for server issues (oh god i just started a mega flame war didn't I)?
They handed out RP to less than 0.1% of players. So no, they didn't.

Quote:
Why did they do a visual rework of SR and charge zip for it, while making it available to every single person?
Because the game looked like absolute **** and they needed something that looked like it wasn't made on the Gamecube to present at various e-sports events. The reason for this is also why spectator was finally rushed out, Riot is starting to get scared of DOTA2.

I don't know if you people look for reasons to worship Riot, or if you're just incredibly stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
the sheer magnitude of riot's season 3 plans with basically trying to bring korea's level of esports to america makes me worry for them simply seeing dominion as nowhere near as developed and further ignoring it.

right now, the gap between dom and SR isnt actually as far as most people think. we have all the high elo, mid elo, and elo hell style stereotypes. we simply dont have access to seeing that number. SR does. this is simply a button press away.

with how large riot's plans are for season 3 and beyond, i fear that they are more focused on turning SR into a full-blown korean style esport on the scale of what starcraft used to be before LoL came and took some of that popularity away. all that focus comes at a price and i fear that price will be even less focus on dom.

the gap right now isnt too big but theres a real risk it it becoming larger and at some point, it simply becomes a forgotten mode.
If this is the case, then I'm actually excited. I'm fed up with Riot's **** concerning Dominion, I think there's some karma headed this way.

Anyone who takes Morello seriously is kidding themselves. It's been over a year of talk, talk, talk, if any at all. Riot's just pulling out more lip service so players can think that they care. They just train everyone to be REALLY GOOD at talking. It's sometimes hilarious to see it, I want to make a "red post bingo".

We're working on it - free space
We want to make awesome stuff for the players that we care about buy more RP pls.
We're really listening guys!
etc.

The only thing more toxic than Riot is the community itself, though, so, go figure.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2012

:O i didn't know about the Xypherous post, that's pretty cool. i really wouldn't mind low cd Spells that match the fast paced game :3, 45 seconds ignite ftw xD, i would be against a "low cd" revive though no matter how much i love revive. it seems that we're finally getting items on season 3 too n_n.

Taenaryn

08-09-2012

/soapbox on

Lopretni, they also handed out free RP to those who adhered to the summoner's code as a gift. At Christmas, if I recall correctly. I remember getting some. I'm reasonably certain that more than .1% of players adhere to the code and got that particular gift.

And LoL is played by more players than any other game on the market. That includes WoW and Starcraft II. It spiked when D3 crashed and everyone went to LoL. And unlike WoW's monthly subscription or even D3 or SCII's initial cost, LoL is FREE. 100%. RP doesn't help you play the game. You can play without spending a single dime. Why is it that spending some time putting out optional content so they can make some money for their efforts is offensive to you?

Riot isn't the government. It's not obligated to provide you anything. AT ALL. And you can't even claim that arrogant American point of view that "the customer is always right", since you're not actually paying for any service. At all. If you buy or spend RP, you're paying for pretty pictures. That's it, because everything else can be bought with IP, and IP requires only time. They don't have to, and never had to, give you RP for any reason at all, except when you pay them money for that express purpose. They are giving you an apple for free, and you are demanding a bushel instead.

If you disagree with Riot, that's one thing. Disagreement is healthy, and I lean marginally in favour of the belief that Riot is listening, since if they stop listening, they stop making money (eventually). But please stop acting like you're entitled to something Riot isn't giving, because you're NOT entitled. If it frustrates you, leave. If you want to improve things, then discuss. Ranting like a jilted lover doesn't actually do anything for Riot, for us, or for you. At all.

/soapbox off

FDru

08-09-2012

45 second Revive.

Riot pls