There's hope!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Necrysis

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
I never understood this. "Guys, apples are so not cared for! I'm gonna switch to oranges as soon as they come out!" Never mind that I'm pointing out that Dominion is about to get more attention >.>
They have been saying that for quite some time.....its best not to believe in false hopes. In other words Ill believe it when i see something.

MyDeadGrandma

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrysis View Post
They have been saying that for quite some time.....its best not to believe in false hopes.
Then what would you call GW2?

iceburn

Whimble

08-06-2012

Any support for the mode would be great. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but the 60+ minute queues for draft dominion really suck! Any attention riot pays to the mode is good, and will hopefully bring in more players, right? Also, in case someone with power reads this, we still need a pizza themed champion. because pizza is frigg'n delicious.

Necrysis

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma View Post
Then what would you call GW2?

iceburn
I call it a game, by a company that is not obsessed with profits like riot has become. If you need proof of that check the guild wars 2 one time fee and only announces what they can deliver on and the constant pushing of skins down your neck by riot. When was the last time there was a new champion released for under 6300, Oh I remember when they used to have double bundles and when the single bundle was around 1300 RP and is now closing in on 1500. There was also that little thing called magma chamber that got scraped for dominion, that sure worked out well. Summoners rift and over priced skins (Ezreal theme, 2 legendary chogaths) is what make them money, so there is no need for them to worry about dominion.

Dont get me wrong I like playing league of legends maybe even love it, but until I see something I just dont see anything happening anytime soon. Maybe in 2 years there will be ranked dominion but dont hold your breath.

Redeemed In Fire

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrysis View Post
I call it a game, by a company that is not obsessed with profits like riot has become.
This makes even less sense. If they were obsessed with profit, why would they hand out small amounts of RP like candy? Why would they have given that guy who made a Sad Robot Amumu model 3900 RP out of the blue? Why did they hand out any free RP at all for server issues (oh god i just started a mega flame war didn't I)? Why did they do a visual rework of SR and charge zip for it, while making it available to every single person? I could go on.

PFE was 10 bucks for me, and 15 for anyone with a brain that wasn't broke at release. It's 25 to accurately reflect that it took them >2 legendaries worth of work to iterate it to the point it is today.

also, OMG A CHAMPION GOT A SECOND LEGENDARY HOW HORRIBLE. Never mind that it's a good one with good quality, nice FX, and fits the character well. Creativity isn't necessarily something that can be forced =/

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Well to be honest they were working on the stealth remake two years ago, they were working on Zyra and Diana for a whole year, they just started Working on Dominion, i love the mode and i'll keep playing but i don't blame anyone for moving to GW2 either.

@Necrisys Riot gives rp for the Dominate DOminion tournaments specially when you take in account that they do it on a weekly basis and the amount of people they give rp (a great total of 20 people per week earns rp on Dominate dominion) plus the contests they run for the whole community (Nom nom, ehr comic thingie, new year image, songs of the summoned, why we love league of legends and more), they are not so profit obsessed as you claim

Necrysis

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
Well to be honest they were working on the stealth remake two years ago, they were working on Zyra and Diana for ever a year, they just started Working on Dominion, i love the mode and i'll keep playing but i don't blame anyone for moving to GW2 either
Yeah I love it too. Was merely trying to say "Talk is cheap". Show us something we can see. Something that assures us that you are working on it and do care about the dominion player base. upvotes for you go sir.

LadysKnight

08-06-2012

All you GW2 folk let's be honest, you were going to leave this game for that anyway. At least temporarily. It's going to be D3 all over again except GW2 will be good and not so grindtastic that I can't play both games.

But yay, actual responses to questions that deserve answers.

irott

08-06-2012

I am going to play both GW2 and Dom... why not?

larkhill

08-06-2012

the sheer magnitude of riot's season 3 plans with basically trying to bring korea's level of esports to america makes me worry for them simply seeing dominion as nowhere near as developed and further ignoring it.

right now, the gap between dom and SR isnt actually as far as most people think. we have all the high elo, mid elo, and elo hell style stereotypes. we simply dont have access to seeing that number. SR does. this is simply a button press away.

with how large riot's plans are for season 3 and beyond, i fear that they are more focused on turning SR into a full-blown korean style esport on the scale of what starcraft used to be before LoL came and took some of that popularity away. all that focus comes at a price and i fear that price will be even less focus on dom.

the gap right now isnt too big but theres a real risk it it becoming larger and at some point, it simply becomes a forgotten mode.