Updating Adobe Air?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoransTroll

09-11-2010

So I found out that my Adobe Air version is extremely outdated form this thread.
However, I'm not sure about how to update to a newer one. I have downloaded the version 2.0.3 installer--but now what? Do I have to uninstall the old Adobe Air (1.0.8) first? Do I just run the new one straight up? Do I have to make sure I install into the same directory, the entire LoL will stop working?
And why the heck won't LoL trigger this update by itself?

Lord Marcus

09-11-2010

make sure LoL isnt running (which im not sure you even need to do, but safe to just do it) and run the installer. The installer will automatically remove/re-install files needed so you only have the newer version.

Boom, you're done.

And idk why it didnt trigger the update by itself, possibly just over looked?

DoransTroll

09-11-2010

Okiz, Air updated. Got into PvP.net fine, but haven't tested playing a game yet.
Sadly, I'm still getting a very horrible interface lag. Every time I type something, I can see my CPU usage spiked by 5%. Hopefully the game runs better than that.

Lord Marcus

09-11-2010

Good luck man

If it lags in game, quickly minimize and open up your Task Manager (CTRL + ALT + DELETE)...go to the processes tab, find lolclient.exe and set the priority to "below normal". This could help remove the lag.

Some say to just end the process, but idk what that will do tbh, lol.

JoePwnz

09-15-2010

YES!! i realized that i didd not have adobe air so i installed it and patched it up.
i then reinstalled lol and it worked. i researched this for 2 days and now i can be happy