GG Community.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azels

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2012

There seriously should be an age limit for this game. Too many 12 year olds ruining it for me. That's my rant and I might just quit because of the elo system and the aforementioned 12 year olds.

GG Kids.

Ozymil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2012

Quite frankly, that kind of elitist melodramatic mentality is only perpetuating the rut that the community has found itself in. So what if you come across a few jerks now and then? Find some friends to play with and you will find that the game becomes infinitely more fun. Even when you're solo queuing, having a positive attitude can go a long way. Don't suddenly denounce a game because of a few anecdotal incidents in which you may have encountered an *******.

You're going to get *******s in games no matter what you play. LoL just has a tendency to yield more anger and frustration because you're relying on four other people to not mess up. While your irritation might be understandable, simply responding to scorn with scorn does nothing to improve the overall situation.

laxjoh

08-07-2012

GG kid. We all have to deal with it. It's not like IRL communities are better. You forget all Internet communities come from the real world.

Ozymil

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxjoh View Post
GG kid. We all have to deal with it. It's not like IRL communities are better. You forget all Internet communities come from the real world.
This actually really scares me. What if we were allowed the same sort of anonymity and personal protection that the internet allows us?

Polowy

08-07-2012

and you sound like an 11 year old, gg

laxjoh

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymil View Post
This actually really scares me. What if we were allowed the same sort of anonymity and personal protection that the internet allows us?
Who knows. Internet only allows certain people who generally don't speak up in fear of judgment/consequences to speak freely as they wish.

Technically, you DO have the right of anonymity in terms of giving people your name/telling them what kind of person you are/and acting fake around others. In a way that in itself is anonymity as well. As far as perosnal protection goes, nothing is really stopping others from physically hurting you. I know you can call cops but it'll take cops 15 minutes to get there. That's more than enough time to hurt someone pretty bad.

Back on topic, if you can't deal with immature people, you just won't be able to deal with life. If you get on the highway, there will ALWAYS be someone tail-gating others. THere will ALWAYS be someone being a dbag. If you let it get to you, it's you who suffers. Try to learn to be patient and tolerant.

MiikeB

08-07-2012

If you can't handle a kid giving you ish over the internet, what are you going to do when real life confronts you with real problems?

When i get kids complaining that I am bad or should uninstall, or am a noob i just laugh and keep on playing, because at the end of the day I am playing a game - not working 3 jobs to support my family, not being physically or mentally abused, living on the street, struggling with addiction or suffering other terrible tragedies. I am playing a game in my spare time... pretty lucky.

laxjoh

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiikeB View Post
If you can't handle a kid giving you ish over the internet, what are you going to do when real life confronts you with real problems?

When i get kids complaining that I am bad or should uninstall, or am a noob i just laugh and keep on playing, because at the end of the day I am playing a game - not working 3 jobs to support my family, not being physically or mentally abused, living on the street, struggling with addiction or suffering other terrible tragedies. I am playing a game in my spare time... pretty lucky.
^Words of a wise man. There is always someone else in a significantly worse situation than all of us. QQing about "immature kids" in a VIDEO GAME is far from the bottom of the list.