Zeke's: The redheaded stepchild of Stat Aura Items.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlphariusRising

08-06-2012

Zeke's Herald is such a mediocre item, and I think it really needs a buff. The other two Aura items which give you buffs are so great, and their carriers are much more versatile.

Aegis of the Legion gives defensive stats, which literally everyone benefits from, and the Jungler, the support, or Bruiser Top laners can all take it.

Will of the Ancients doesn't benefit as many people, but it gives a really rare and good stat, spellvamp, which tons of non-APs benefit from, and the carrier can get this even if nobody else benefits, simply because that stat is so rare and powerful.

Zeke's herald gives what, Attack Speed and Life Steal? Tanky DPS champs benefit from that, but they need other items much more. AD carries benefit from that, but they need to get other items, and a few max out on attack speed later anyway. Supports dont benefit from this, but if their ADC and Top really benefit from it, that's the only time it's ever built, and even then Aegis and Shurelya's take priority.

Zeke's Herald and Soul Shroud should get married and have a kid that gives Aura CDR, Regens, and Attack Stats, then they might see time out of that shop on people other than Support Teemo.

lol Support Teemo.

Treza

08-06-2012

stopped reading at mediocre item. zekes herald is probably actually the best aura, its just that theres usually only 1 ad carry per team.. its not like a buff would make teams consist of 5 ranged ad's all of a sudden.. buffing it just turns an already great item into an overpowered item but doesnt make it any more sought after

Shashakiko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Yeah Zeke's Herald gives good stats...but maybe there's a reason it's not used in competitive play ^^^
It's still good just not op viable for high-skilled play
There ARE worse items than this :P
It would be cool for them to buff it a bit though huh
Maybe change Eleisa's miracle?
But isn't there a forum for these types of threads
OT: It's viable enough where some people buy it right? Not like it's moonflare spellblade bad :P

Restore the roar

08-06-2012

I've seen some support or top Nunus grab it interestingly enough. It seemed to work ok. I will agree with you on the fact that it does have to be used on more ad specific team comps which can limit its usefulness. Aegis of the Legion, as you said, obviously does not have this problem, and is usually found on most teams for that reason. That being said, I do not think it is a bad item. Just more niche.

Shashakiko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

I've only seen a janna grab it and people suggest it 1400 elo

Rivergod11

08-06-2012

Depends on your team comp, lots of auto-attackers on your team? Decent item to pick up.

Would i get it as a rush item? - No

Is it a good item? - Yes, but situational and a slight luxury item to have early on supports.

Rumbles

08-06-2012

I get it as support if my team's comp would heavily benefit (at least 3 heavy AA/AS reliant champions). For example, Jax top, jungle Riven, and the adc.

Sephrinx

08-06-2012

Zekes is a great item, I get it often. I play a lot of support.

King Kappa

08-07-2012

What's soul shroud? We have an item like that?

Jeanschyso

08-07-2012

Soul shroud gives your full ap team what's required to start an endless teamfight, until the enemy capitulates