How to make Kennen work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Watersports Drew

09-01-2013

So I haven't really played him much in 3's, but how do you make Kennen top lane work in the current meta? I feel like going against bruisers is a lot of what he does in SR, but I don't see him played effectively in TT too often. He is ranked reasonably high in the two tier threads that are popular here, but I'm not sure if I am just building him wrong for TT or what.

I'm basically just going off the one guide on thetwistedtreeline.com.

Fuaztin

09-01-2013

requires a teamcomp that works. I only saw him once and it was a protect the vayne comp where kennen ults in between vayne and our team.

Rugalb98

09-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watersports Drew View Post
So I haven't really played him much in 3's, but how do you make Kennen top lane work in the current meta? I feel like going against bruisers is a lot of what he does in SR, but I don't see him played effectively in TT too often. He is ranked reasonably high in the two tier threads that are popular here, but I'm not sure if I am just building him wrong for TT or what.

I'm basically just going off the one guide on thetwistedtreeline.com.
From your experience, what do you think is usually the trouble you face with top? Kennen is usually a good pick for the reason that he's got a great poke and can set up his stun very easily. Since you can build a seeker's armguards now he start with cloth armor and a ring and go from there. It's really about harassing the bruiser out of lane or making to so they get zero farm while you can safely roam or gank bot from forcing trades top.

Not an expert on Kennen but if you give some more info about what you're facing and how you play him you should get some replies here.

Boo

09-01-2013

double doran's blade > haunting guise > magic pen boots > witchcap

you will need hybrid pen reds, armor yellows, magic resist blues and flat ad quints. get 21/9/0 masteries, getting both armor pen and magic pen.

he is mostly chosen as a counter-pick to melee laners or to compliment aoe comps. to win the lane as kennen, you just auto whoever you are laning against a couple times and that's about it. as long as you are in the mindset that pretty much no one can out trade you in lane at level 1, you can use it to your advantage and snowball the game.