Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Diana Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

theDumb12

08-06-2012

I saw a few threads on how to build Diana and I wondered why they were all missing an item that works great on her. None of them mention Nashor's Tooth. The 50% speed boost makes her passive eliminate minion waves, the 65 ability power makes her whole kit more powerful, and the passive 25% cdr is amazing, since it lowers her q cd to 4 seconds, and to 3 with blue buff.

I generally build catalyst first into RoA, then a Nashor's tooth to help push lanes and clear camps, and Sorc Shoes for harder poking. After Nashor's, Deathcap, Zhonya's or Abyssal Scepter depending on ememy team, and close with Rylai's or Abyssal if the enemy team has good AD and AP.
Thoughts and opinions?

Komori Kiri

08-06-2012

I think you chose your pseudonym well. (this one was tempting)

There's dozen of thread speaking of this by the way...

Nashor = useless if played bruiser, "why not" if played AP. Her scaling on AS is only good on paper. It's like building AD on akali. It could work, but no, it doesn't. In the end it's more a mage than anything else. You can build nashor but you won't really notic the AS. You'll love the CDR and the AP though. Anyway, building Diana full AP won't work until you're level 20 playing against other level 20. She needs to be played bruiser.

HP = bad bad bad. Her scaling on HP are really bad since she has no massive health regen and her durability is based on a shield. Plus, most of her enemies will have %HP damaging abilities.

Zonya = terrible choice. You will pay a ton of gold for a nearly useless button.

Gadalar

08-06-2012

Quote:
theDumb12:
I saw a few threads on how to build Diana and I wondered why they were all missing an item that works great on her. None of them mention Nashor's Tooth. The 50% speed boost makes her passive eliminate minion waves, the 65 ability power makes her whole kit more powerful, and the passive 25% cdr is amazing, since it lowers her q cd to 4 seconds, and to 3 with blue buff.

I generally build catalyst first into RoA, then a Nashor's tooth to help push lanes and clear camps, and Sorc Shoes for harder poking. After Nashor's, Deathcap, Zhonya's or Abyssal Scepter depending on ememy team, and close with Rylai's or Abyssal if the enemy team has good AD and AP.
Thoughts and opinions?

Since you're eager to know.

Here's the reasons why you shouldn't build NT.

When doing a full AP build. You're using abilities, and a simple QRWEQRRp(*) will kill just about anyone that's not a tank but will leave them low enough for a Q or another R to finish it. As you can see even with all those abilities going off you barely, and that's if they survived, placed in your 3rd attack.

The only thing NT is even decent for is clearing jungle...but why bother using NT? When you can just QR a camp and clearing it nearly 10x faster?

If you where to go up against a Diana, who can execute her abilities properly and has a pure ap build that has Gunblade you'll lose the encounter before it even started, no offense. I've fought many Diana's with your builds and/or similar and weather I am or not using Diana. Those builds just don't scare me at all because after a QRWEQRR(p) i'll still be left with enough life to either return the favor or leave. Yet if I see a Diana properly build I don't care if they aren't using her properly cause a simple QRR alone deals massive amounts of damage in comparison to someone with your build who needs to land that 3rd aa enough to make a difference and your build has no lifesteal/spellvamp.

It's a nice unique way to play Diana sure. Yet that's just me.

*passive

theDumb12

08-06-2012

okay, I see how some of the items I built don't fit as well, but the as nashor's gives you helps push lanes a lot more effectively late game since you can destroy a minion wave faster than Malzahar can with the added as and ap. (Malz is my main)

theDumb12

08-06-2012

okay, I see how some of the items I built don't fit as well, but the as nashor's gives you helps push lanes a lot more effectively late game since you can destroy a minion wave faster than Malzahar can with the added as and ap. (Malz is my main)

Also, I like Zhonya's not because of the active I never remember to use, but because of the armor and ap it gives. Combined with Abyssal scepter they give 170 ap and around 50 mr and armor.

StalkinU2

08-06-2012

So now the real reason you dont built nashor.

I have read the above posts and disagree on almost everything.
The real reason you dont built nashor is because you dont need the CDR or the Mana Regen.

In a full AP built you wont need any extra aspd or health.
In a full tank build you get all AP items who give you either health armor or magic resist.

The built you are talking about is the Attack speed built, which done correctly outdamages both of the above builts.

In this case you go for Malady, for the mr reduction and Ionic Spark.
However you dont get them in this order cause then you ll be lacking a lot.

The built should go like this,
1Dorans ring
2Boots of speed
3Amplifying Tome
4Now you get Malady
5Needlessly Large Rod
6Now you get Boots of Swiftness
7Finish Deathcap
8Ionic Spark

Your items should look like this now,
Boots of Swiftness, Malady, Deathcap, Ionic Spark

The reasoning behind this is,
Q grants you the no CD ult, but ppl tend to have more health then you can take off with Q R R

W is nice but it takes a while to hit your target with al 3 bombs, and you can get killed before the shield refreshes.

So what you do is, Q W R. And wait for Q to come off CD
In this time with your items its easy to AutoAttack 4 times dealing about 600 extra magic damage from Malady your passive and ionic spark.
Then you Q R and kill your target.

So instead of Nashors you now have more health and more aspd, without the need for CDR.
Ppl will look at you weird for buying the Ionic spark, but it provides all the health you need in late game.

And you still have two item slots to fill, for me if and when I need them I usually end up getting Guardian Angel Force of nature and/or Thorn Mail

Fire Lord Iroh

08-06-2012

Quote:
AngeMusicien:
I think you chose your pseudonym well. (this one was tempting)

There's dozen of thread speaking of this by the way...

Nashor = useless if played bruiser, "why not" if played AP. Her scaling on AS is only good on paper. It's like building AD on akali. It could work, but no, it doesn't. In the end it's more a mage than anything else. You can build nashor but you won't really notic the AS. You'll love the CDR and the AP though. Anyway, building Diana full AP won't work until you're level 20 playing against other level 20. She needs to be played bruiser.

HP = bad bad bad. Her scaling on HP are really bad since she has no massive health regen and her durability is based on a shield. Plus, most of her enemies will have %HP damaging abilities.

Zonya = terrible choice. You will pay a ton of gold for a nearly useless button.

Really? HP is bad? How do you plan on having her accomplish anything in team fights if she isn't durable? She is melee, meaning she has to get up close. She needs to have some form of durability, which is why building her tanky AP is optimal. Furthermore, she needs armor and magic resist. Frozen Heart and Abyssal give her just that.

Anyway my build is usually boots 3 pots, 2 Dorans, Sorc or Merc treads, Rylai's, Abyssal, Glacial Shroud, Rabadon's, Frozen Heart, Void Staff. I jungle her.

For masteries I pick 21/0/9 or 21/9/0 depending on the game.

For runes I choose:
9x Attack Speed Marks
9x Armor Seals
9x AP/lvl Glyphs
3x Flat AP Quints.

Gahlo

08-06-2012

Nashors isn't good on her because of her passive. The bonus 20% is on there because her base AS is intentionally low so items like AS, Malady, and MBR don't scale well with her. If you're going to jungle with Diana, get FH instead of Zhonya's. Near twice the armor, 20% CDR and no big components, which are tricky to get ona jungler.

IS11d7fa25c3b38f9b8a36c

08-06-2012

QR clears out camps alright, but it IS a bit mana intensive if you plan on using it on your whole way through the jungle. Now I'm not the biggest fan of Nashor's on her, but I feel that it's fairly OK on a jungle Diana, helping with speed while keeping mana high for ganks.

StalkinU2

08-06-2012

her pasive 20% works on her base aspd just like all other aspd items