Announcing the League of Legends Championship Series

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kawabongah

08-07-2012

Can't wait to see them fighting savagely for the top. I always learn a lot from these fantastic matches.

Soginator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2012

For Season 3, are you changing the way the initial rating is done? There were some problems at the start of season 2, and personally I would like to see it change to better acknowledge where you were at the end of a season (ie all people who ended as gold would start at 1520 rather than 1250).

Odifma

08-07-2012

when do tickets go on sale?

Ganstow

08-08-2012

Just wondering but why isn't there a South America circuit? I know a lot of Brazilians play.

OreoGuy

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganstow View Post
Just wondering but why isn't there a South America circuit? I know a lot of Brazilians play.
Because potato chips are too expensive there

Dran Kito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
The actual Finals is on the 13th between the top two teams in the world, and the week before (October 4th - 6th) will be the top twelve teams fighting for their shot in the Championship game on the 13th.
Is this really the way it's going to be set up? The finals that is? I was planning on making the trip to attend the tournament for the weekend of the 13th because the video and previous info made me believe the finals would be on my birthday, the 14th, and was even in line with the Fall Break of many of my friends. I had a whole group of us that were going to make the trip together to celebrate League and my day. It really disheartens me that you would split the tournament up in this way. Wouldn't it be better to simply make tournaments like this run Friday through Sunday instead of breaking it apart by a whole week? I know I'm upset for my own reasons seeing as how it's not even feasible or worthwhile for myself or my friends to attend and celebrate something we love... but it seems as though being able to attend the event in person will only be accessible to those that live locally to the arena.

I want to ask that you re-think the way you are setting this up, but I doubt there's really time for that. I'm sorry my friends and I will no longer be able to attend the finals and be able to support you rioters and the pros the way we had hoped. =(

CoolMintz

08-08-2012

Gotta love the Champion Ship Series!

Canadian Accent

08-09-2012

So is IPL, MLG and IEM going to be like the "minor leauges"? If so they are going to lose a lot of viewership beacuse they won't be having the "brand" name teams like CLG,TSM,M5,CURSE ect... These events brought you the vieweships to the eSport so you should do something that will cause them to not lose the viewship. I'd love watching the events that IPL, IEM and MLG hosts so please riot dont make them into like the "minor leauge".

MizzPeach

08-10-2012

I'm super excited to hear about this, and I cannot wait.

This seems like the most relevant place to ask this, can we have an idea of when the Season 2 ranked ladders will come to a close?

IchigoYI

08-10-2012

Cant wait lol