Announcing the League of Legends Championship Series

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RedBeard

VP of eSports

08-06-2012
31 of 31 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLVxSasuke View Post
Will this format be similar to the NFL? Weekly games, bye week, maybe even divisions?
Weekly matches, bye weeks, sounds kinda cool, huh!? Season 3 is going to be fun! Can't wait!

Leib Olmai

08-06-2012

I just checked how much it would cost me if I want to go to the season 2 championship :

~350$ for the flight.
~100$ of the hotels
Price of the ticket for the tournament. (My guess is around 50$)

So that's ~500$ and I didn't eat, paid for taxi/bus to move around the city just yet !

That's kind of disappointing that people like me will never be able to actually go to those event.
I went to 2 LAN event in my life, it was the most awsome experience for a gamer I ever had.

I like eSport so much, it's one of the thing that passionate me the most right now. I follow every single tournament and event of LoL and some other games too.

I'm really sad that I will never be able to make it so the Season 2 championship, or even the season 3 one since it will most likely still be in LA.

Midnight Vesper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Man, super bummed that it's not a one weekend event... I was planning on attending, but I don't think I can take an entire week off, or fly across the country twice :/ .

LiegeWaffles

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
LoL website, similar to our Vegas World Invitational.
LoL website, using only twitch as backend? As I wrote, the twitch flash player is a horrible CPU hog for me, so either own3d or even a non-flash way of streaming (html5?) as backup/alternative would be really, really nice.

MrJimmie Rustler

08-06-2012

Will Australia be part of one of the asian zones?

DTF Feeder

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus View Post
For the Championship Series, we're focusing on regions with a developed professional scene. With regions such as South America and Oceania, we're investing heavily to grow the eSports scene first (ranked, prized events, offline events at conventions, etc.) before integrating them.

We aren't ignoring any region - it takes time for a competitive professional scene to develop. Once it does, we'll look to include them in the Championship Series.
The reason there is no professional scene in Oceania is no local servers, even the best can only play at a certain level with 200+ms

EddyEduardo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2012

This HD stream - presumably you can watch it in lower quality, like 360p?

My net sucks

Wolf Darklight

08-07-2012

I can't wait to watch them so i can inprove.

OdmupP37

08-07-2012

I find this racist against us Africans.

Mindcrim3

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Bummed you aren't happy about this format. We figured we would have one awesome tournament one weekend, and then another awesome Finals match-up the following weekend. More content for everyone to enjoy instead of packing it all into one weekend that's too long and doesn't give the finals game justice.
Not that the format isn't cool it's just that I know I will not be able to afford to go both weekends and I was really looking forward to going.. Now I will have to decide between seeing all of my favorite teams or just the finals..