Announcing the League of Legends Championship Series

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Binge Drinking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

ugh, Marcou is still working for riot? Inc Championship series being a complete disaster.

hopefully he doesnt do **** and beard and magus are the ones in charge

Captain America

08-06-2012

spectate tourney games through client; can we?

Godunderscor

08-06-2012

Will there be a season 2 CG Cinematic Trailer dealy?

Leib Olmai

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
That won't happen.

And if they find a way to make it available, it won't be for free.

The Starflyer

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
Through client means using the game server. This means anyone who isn't on the NA server would have to patch to the NA server, make an account, and spectate. This might also overload the servers and the game. Currently it's easier to just use the stream, since the number of viewers doesn't impact the game. Secondly, in order to use the client for the tournament, either you have to hold the game in Los Angeles for low ping or move the server to a new site. Moving the server would be time-consuming and would probably shut down the server minus spectator mode for the whole tourney (not everyone watches).

Eventually they might be able to let you patch into the tournament realm on a spectator account, but since I have no idea how hard it would be from a technical standpoint, I can't say how soon it would come.

Hogaric

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Brazilian server about to be up and no Brazil on the teaser.Will the BR teams be invited ocasionally or something like that?

Kreay

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMarcou View Post
Thank you guys for supporting our eSports program over the past 2 years. The viewership and participation numbers that we've seen have thoroughly demolished our expectations. Your support allows us to go beyond what any other eSport has achieved in the past.

We've taken feedback from the players and fans alike in order to put together an experience for Season Three that should be awesome for years to come. More details to come!
new sale or gtfo

Sereni7y

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razurz View Post
Can't wait to watch matches. c:

Also, free HD Streaming? One of the many reasons I love you Riot.
Thank you. <3
After everybody havepayed minimum 10$ for a skin, it would be normal or at least the minimum if they put hd free x_x

BBFSmokedCayenne

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashimaru View Post
What about Latin American teams, LoL is very popular in countries like Brazil or Chile, Sure you can find competitive teams here.
all LoL players in brazil suck.

Saratn

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus View Post
Good question

Personally, I'd love to be able to sit back and watch LoL eSports on TV. We'll see what happens!
Someone at Riot should get in touch with NBCU. I mean they should definitely jump on the chance at some sort of deal to get this to air on G4. Even if it's only for special events. I mean think of the potential ratings...