Announcing the League of Legends Championship Series

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Epicn00b

08-06-2012

.....This is gonna suck, isn't it?

Francinha

08-06-2012

i've been playing almost seven mounths now, and i never saw a "limited edition" skin of a champion that i can get it, why no news limited skins? i dont get it.. only in season 3?

Kashimaru

08-06-2012

What about Latin American teams, LoL is very popular in countries like Brazil or Chile, Sure you can find competitive teams here.

a baby rabbit

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus View Post
Good question

Personally, I'd love to be able to sit back and watch LoL eSports on TV. We'll see what happens!
I could be wrong but didn't MLG fall get picked up by ESPN or ESPN 2?

Mokai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Quote:
...Will Change Everything
Riot. Buddies. Bros. You really had to go there? D:

That phrase is so badly cliched on television ads, teasers and previews that I get a kneejerk reaction every time I hear it. What is "Everything?" exactly and why is it going to "Change?" More often than not any teaser that uses this line builds up to disappointment when the show airs and... well.... nothing changes. :c

Zelossage

08-06-2012

why do i feel like korea is going to win(not trying to sound racist)

and what do they mean "season 3 will change everything?"

a baby rabbit

08-06-2012

One of my main concerns would be is it possible for a "no name" team to qualify for this? If so how would one's team go about qualifying?

Magus

Director of Esports

08-06-2012
22 of 31 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Canal Pal View Post
Weekly action meaning every weekend there will be a LAN event to watch? Or will they go on throughout the week?
The Championship Series will have a regular season. You'll be able to see regular season games played on a weekly basis (multiple nights a week).

There will be LAN events (MLG, IPL, IEM, etc.) happening as well, which you'll be able to see at a similar frequency to Season Two.

Pexera

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
[youtube]KL4IUA1UL2M[/youtube]

With the Season Two World Championship only two months away and the Regional tournaments about to heat up, all eyes will be on some of the most exciting matches in League of Legends history. Everything’s on the line for teams looking ahead to Season Three. The top three teams from the EU & NA Regionals at Gamescom and PAX will each qualify for the League of Legends Championship Series, a completely new league coming in Season Three.

The League of Legends Championship Series is a global league of the top professional, salaried teams and will feature a structured season with multiple matches per week and playoff events leading up to the World Championship. Even better, all of this coverage will be free to watch live in HD. The best eight teams from North America and Europe, plus top teams from each Asian region, will compete for regional dominance. Winners from each region will then battle for the World Championship title with millions of dollars in prizes up for grabs. Furthermore, our Challenger Circuit partners will be back and better than ever, hosting major tournaments that will act as the proving grounds for the next generation of teams vying for a shot at competing in the League of Legends Championship Series.

We’ll have more details after the Season Two World Champions are crowned in Los Angeles on October 13, 2012. Until then, catch all of our coverage of Gamescom and PAX and witness the greatest teams in the world compete for a spot in the Season Two World Championship and the upcoming League of Legends Championship Series.

Let’s recap:

• The League of Legends Championship Series: the top eight teams from the US and EU, plus top teams from the Asian regions
  • The top three teams from Gamescom and PAX immediately qualify
  • Weekly regional pro League of Legends matches live, for free, in HD
  • Millions of dollars at stake
  • Regular season, regional playoffs and a spectacular World Championship
  • Critical Challenger Circuit events featuring up-and-coming teams vying for a shot at the League of Legends Championship Series

and the South America teams??

The Canal Pal

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus View Post
The Championship Series will have a regular season. You'll be able to see regular season games played on a weekly basis (multiple nights a week).

There will be LAN events (MLG, IPL, IEM, etc.) happening as well, which you'll be able to see at a similar frequency to Season Two.
Don't mean to be probing, but does that then mean EU + KR + NA teams will be playing each other online? What servers / how will you deal with latency between the different regions?