Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Release Notes v 1.0.0.52

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

123birds

11-12-2009

Follow up to my first reply. That magic pen staff needs to be hit with the nerf stick bad. Does anyone else notice that with the Talent its 55% and then that with the boots that EVERY sorcerer gets its -15. So it you have 100 resistance you got from 100 to 45 to 30, so you have no resistance. If i calculate it 100 resistance to 85 to 41 its still ridiculous. Then you factor in the penetration runess when the store comes up, and basicaly the person only ever has 10-30 resistance. I played a game with veigar, 600 AP the skull staff, 40% resistance reduction, and the boots with the 15% talent. I one hit heimer with ult (4k mana lolz, 2000 hp), then turned around and killed twitch with a dark matter and baleful and he was at FULL (1800). They also all had 80+ magic resistance. Plz explain why you gave every caster such a huge boost?

Rootkit

11-12-2009

Quote:
Gunn:

First Morgana s shield. People are saying that the shield is now completely useless. That would be wrong. If you take a look at competitive matches, Morgana s do not use shield as a cleanse/getaway tool but rather Pre-cast it and run in the fight. If you learn to pre-cast your shield like you SHOULD do then the spell itself is just as effective as it was.

You clearly did not play Morgana enough. End of point.

I've played a few games since the patch and will not longer play Morgana and she was the ONLY character I played with before.

The turrets seem to be a joke now though and it does take away from the game play... Trying to shorten the game lengths I understand but my average game is still an hour so I'm not seeing anything besides free gold off towers?

The no gold during death/more gold per kills does NOT balance out at all. Think about it this way. You kill minions, your opponent kills minions. Then your opponent kills you and gains gold. You STOP gaining gold and they continue to farm minions and gold at an even FASTER pace since you are now dead and earning nothing. Those who say it evens out, not even close. Completely snowballs to one side by the end of the game.

I don't really enjoy this patch at all, it's got a very Blizzard feel to it and they are terrible at balance patching.

Xocolatl

Recruiter

11-12-2009

Really, Morgana is useless now? It's about time I start playing her then.
I've always been interested in her mechanics. But I have avoided playing her because she was pretty damn popular, and I can't stand it when someone else picks my character. (I know it's dumb, but everyone has the right to be irrational every once in a while)

I don't suppose I'll ever see Janna and Morgana in the same game, so I should always be able to play one of my favorite char in every game now. If Morgana is there, I can always build Janna into carry DPS. And I can always make AoE + disabler Morgana. Awesome.

dutchownage

11-13-2009

So, will there be any manual patching cause it's taking quite some time and a manual patch shouldn't be too hard to get =/.
If anyone would know an other way (maybe with someone that already has it patched, send the complete folder or w/e) please let me know by a private message, will be appreaciated.
Thanks alot in forward

gogeta

Recruiter

11-13-2009

WTF.... shacko is totaly fucked... omg u are crazy....

lost must

11-13-2009

我是中国人

Ghostraider

11-13-2009

Overall some questionable descisions I don't need to mention as we have 30+ pages people expressing their corncerns i'm just glad four of my favourite characters got buffed. Rammus need to be buffed after the last patch and his early game survivability was always a concern for a tank. Tristanna odvious needed to be tweaked after so many nerfs. I'm also glad Riot started paying attention to Nunu who has been largely ignored. Glad Vegir ult finnaly got buffed never made sense to me ult majority time was weaker than regular skill.

Chees3mz

11-13-2009

Quote:
Rootkit:

I've played a few games since the patch and will not longer play Morgana and she was the ONLY character I played with before.

The turrets seem to be a joke now though and it does take away from the game play... Trying to shorten the game lengths I understand but my average game is still an hour so I'm not seeing anything besides free gold off towers?

The no gold during death/more gold per kills does NOT balance out at all. Think about it this way. You kill minions, your opponent kills minions. Then your opponent kills you and gains gold. You STOP gaining gold and they continue to farm minions and gold at an even FASTER pace since you are now dead and earning nothing. Those who say it evens out, not even close. Completely snowballs to one side by the end of the game.

I don't really enjoy this patch at all, it's got a very Blizzard feel to it and they are terrible at balance patching.

Idk at the pro level, because im not a pro, but this seems to make sense. As well as some overzealous decisions. There were some positive buffs and other decisions in this patch, but overall i'd say this path in itself now needs to be balanced out. As you can see in the majority of posts in the last 30 pages here.

Gunn

11-13-2009

Quote:
Rootkit:

Umm... yes i believe i did. I joined in august and i have 650+ games played and I also played Morgana in competitive matches. I m not trying to show off here but dont tell me i didnt play Morgana enough when you barely played the game for more then 14 days now.

If you think i m wrong you should take a look at competitive matches. If you re not pre-casting your shield then you re not playing morgana like she was meant to. End of point.

Reep

11-13-2009

• Black Shield will now no longer dispell debuffs when cast. It will still block incoming debuffs.

I THINK I LOVE YOU GUYS

God forbid people will actually have to use the shield in the way that it was intended.