A list of champions who are strong early game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FriskySwiss

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Riven, Irelia, and Jayce for top.
Ahri, LeBlanc, and Karthus for AP carry.
Soraka, Blitzcrank, and Alistar for Support.

Personally, Riven, LeBlanc, Soraka are my favorites.

Use Riven's mobility effectively.
Use LeBlanc's high burst effectively (Lv.6~)
Piss off your opponent adc by healing your adc with Soraka.

Some would actually get so pissed they overextend.
I always thought Irelia wasn't strong until she got 3 ranks of one of her moves, or did they buff her since? I tried Jayce, and he's fun, but definitely difficult to master since you have to transition from ranged to melee and back very often to keep your buffs up and without getting fed or good runes/masteries, the damage of his Q shot really trails off late game, so I found myself having to use his style to gate me to the enemy and then fight with my hammer, and I would only use ranged for farming otherwise. Karthus is just hard to use right. Not counting his OP ultimate, his main features are his wall combined with his extremely painful aura. I find his Q to be a plain pain in the ass to use properly. Overall, he's not a playstyle I enjoy very much. Other than Karthus, everyone else you listed I have no serious concern with, so I'll work with them more. =)

TehomCD

08-06-2012

Yeah, I'd tend to say that Irelia and Karthus aren't early game champs at all. Karthus actually is kind of difficult to drive out of lane since he can farm at his turret like a boss, but you really can't go aggressive as him and expect to beat strong early game champions, in my opinion. Irelia is pretty similar in that way - hard to drive out of lane unless you get an early gank on her, but she normally won't go aggressive early and expect to win trades, since her real strength is her sustain with hiten style.

mambawarrior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa Samere View Post
Some Champions really come down to level-by-level in power? That is quite deep mechanics there.
level 6 is when you get your ultimate, which is a major difference in mechanics, and levels 1-3 you get your moves, but aside from that, not really.

R0ACH

08-06-2012

Irelia becomes strong when she gets her trinity force. Which is 4400 iirc. Not early game.
Irelia isn't so much strong as a good laner. Her W ( Hiten Style ) gives her hp whenever she auto attacks anything. Combine that with mobility and a stun and she's tough to kill in lane.

Jayce combo: E->Q. Use ult, go through gate. Q,E. Use ult. W->attack. E->Q.

Jayce has burst damage and perhaps the most fun combo in the game. His Q damage trails off if you don't build AD. When you get that BF sword you can take out more than 1/2 of someone's hp with that combo above. He's a LOT like Nidalee.

Armageddal

08-06-2012

There are lots of good early game champions, but perhaps the most notable are Leblanc and Shaco. Most champions that have an amazing early game tend to fall off somewhat or almost entirely in the late game though. For instance, Leblanc can 1-combo just about anyone in the early game, but in the late game she can only do that to squishy carries. The key to staying strong is, of course, to get fed, and to make the enemy team's life miserable. If you're Leblanc, you're going to want to win your lane early and then start ganking top and bottom for more kills.

I'd also really recommend learning to used the unlocked camera. I started out on locked, it took me a good long while to change to unlocked, but it is so very worth it (I still haven't learned to hold space when I need it locked, like when I'm playing an extremely mobile champion such as Lee Sin). I still sometimes find myself messing up the camera, but the occasional screen misfire is better than having very limited sight lines (ESPECIALLY when you're on purple side) and the inability to scroll over to other parts of the map.

My responses to some other comments on this thread:

Irelia is very strong early game if you max Hiten Style immediately. She will out-duel just about anyone while it's active.

Xin Zhao is also incredible in the early game. In fact, I would go as far as to say he's on the verge of broken with his new passive.

Mr Drachian

Master Recruiter

01-12-2013

Draven also has a strong early game and doesn't really fall of late game. The only problem is that you always have to be aware of where you axes are which ca be hard in a hectic fight.

FaceRoll13

01-12-2013

I think Graves has a decent early game for an ADC, someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
Vayne on the other hand starts out extra squishy, and takes a long while before she begins exponential growth.

Tucking Sits

01-12-2013

Most of your Bruisers and Assassins have strong early-mid games, but start to fall off late game (some much quicker than others). A couple of AD carries have good early games compared to the other carries, but Bruisers and Assassins are generally the strongest early game.

To be more specific:

Mantheon
Xin Zhao
Olaf
Darius
Teemo
Garen
Akali post 6
Kha'Zix
Elise
Ezrael
Caitlyn
Draven (if played right)

Just to name a few.

VengfulDark

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armageddal View Post

I'd also really recommend learning to used the unlocked camera. I started out on locked, it took me a good long while to change to unlocked, but it is so very worth it (I still haven't learned to hold space when I need it locked, like when I'm playing an extremely mobile champion such as Lee Sin). I still sometimes find myself messing up the camera, but the occasional screen misfire is better than having very limited sight lines (ESPECIALLY when you're on purple side) and the inability to scroll over to other parts of the map.
what I did to stop the problem of having to hold the space bar to unlock the cam at inportant times is to make the spacebar the lock screen button. it solved the problem so quickly that I was actually suprised. Now i can freely switch between locked and unlocked depending on the situation and still self cast with the ALT key. it may help you as well