MacNewb here

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Searathus

09-12-2010

Any specific place I ought to install the Mac LoL client? The whole finder thing messes with me and I'm still new to Mac but would love to be able to bring LoL with me on my Mac.

Udyr

eCommerce Manager

Follow Udyr on Twitter

09-12-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

If you are using the installer from the email, just run the installer normally and League of Legends will end up in your Applications folder.

You can then drag it onto the dock so that you can access it whenever you want.

lZATARAl

09-12-2010

...noobies like that one get to test and they dont even know where to install, and we the once that know how to use mac dont even get the chance...

JudoPunch

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lZATARAl View Post
...noobies like that one get to test and they dont even know where to install, and we the once that know how to use mac dont even get the chance...
Ill disagree because they may notice something you or I could reflexively work around without any thought or effort on WHY we had to do it. He could also provide valuable feedback on the interface from a fresh inexperienced perspective.

Nerubian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2010

All that needs to be done to fix this is simply have a drag and drop feature in the installer itself. Simple fix that I was surprised wasn't in already.

xaogypsie

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoPunch View Post
Ill disagree because they may notice something you or I could reflexively work around without any thought or effort on WHY we had to do it. He could also provide valuable feedback on the interface from a fresh inexperienced perspective.
Actually, I have to say, that's a really good way to look at it....

xKoBiEx

Recruiter

09-13-2010

That is all true. However, it seems that they are mistaking common OS X traits for bugs. Veteran LoL players who are veteran OS X users will make much better testers. There still needs to be a mix of talents, though. Fresh eyes, as has been said, may pick up something. As long as they don't fill the forums with "how do I right click" threads, we'll be okay.

lZATARAl

09-13-2010

still i want to play since my stupid pc broke and i can help at the same time but apparently you have to be a noobie in OS X so you can test.... cause i've being posting like cray no luck yet.....