list of unexpected top lanes

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KillerQuiller

Senior Member

08-05-2012

Any other wtf choices I can make for top lane? Recently I like to be weird and send stuff top like Lux and Dr. Mundo. Stuff like Fiddlesticks, not troll picks. Pretty much to prevent counter picking unless a swap happens and/or give the enemy top something he doesn't know how to lane against.

Edit: legit picks please for certain situations


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cenerae

Senior Member

08-05-2012

Mundo's a bruiser, so him going top isn't necessarily 'wtf'. Lux seems a bit of a suicidal choice though, as she can't really trade with enemy bruisers and she can't harrass many of them effectively.

Good non-bruiser top picks have range and some kind of escape mechanism (Corki, Kennen, Ezreal), or can apply extreme pressure to the lane to deny farm (Cass, Urgot).

Bad options are champs that either push the lane extrely fast while lacking escape mechanisms (Mordekaiser, AP Sion), or simply lack the tools to trade with an enemy bruiser (Lux, Veigar, AP Orianna)

Running an AP carry top works nicely if you have someone like Fiora or Talon on your team, who can stomp all over the enemy AP carry in mid. So long as your AP carry doesn't get stomped all over of course.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KillerQuiller

Senior Member

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
Mundo's a bruiser, so him going top isn't necessarily 'wtf'. Lux seems a bit of a suicidal choice though, as she can't really trade with enemy bruisers and she can't harrass many of them effectively.

Good non-bruiser top picks have range and some kind of escape mechanism (Corki, Kennen, Ezreal), or can apply extreme pressure to the lane to deny farm (Cass, Urgot).

Running an AP carry top works nicely if you have someone like Fiora or Talon on your team, who can stomp all over the enemy AP carry in mid.
I use Lux top for laughs up top against tops without range and good gap closers. You just keep snaring them, aa for passive proc, E pop, AA. If they try to come near me after I just walk away. If they chase for awhile I just repeat the combo above. If they get uncomfortably close I use W and gtfo. She's more of a huge annoyance than anything else. You can't ignore her combo once she gets a Sheen, shell just keep harassing you until you leave. Of course however she's very suicidal against champions like Irelia and Renekton.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VanityFish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-06-2012

hiem top can harass and zone out alot of bruisers.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cenerae

Senior Member

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerQuiller View Post
I use Lux top for laughs up top against tops without range and good gap closers. You just keep snaring them, aa for passive proc, E pop, AA. If they try to come near me after I just walk away. If they chase for awhile I just repeat the combo above. If they get uncomfortably close I use W and gtfo. She's more of a huge annoyance than anything else. You can't ignore her combo once she gets a Sheen, shell just keep harassing you until you leave. Of course however she's very suicidal against champions like Irelia and Renekton.
She's helpless against the majority of solo tops provided they can bait her binding out.

If she misses the binding, she's toast.

Anyway, you asked for viable tops, I was just pointing out that she's not really that good a choice :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KillerQuiller

Senior Member

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
She's helpless against the majority of solo tops provided they can bait her binding out.

If she misses the binding, she's toast.

Anyway, you asked for viable tops, I was just pointing out that she's not really that good a choice :P
If it misses then you just sit back and farm, slow if top is going near you/cs.

Its not as hard as you make it out to be unless its Irelia. I'm not even saying she's viable in the sense of high elo, or even around 1500, but it works.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VampRegen

Member

08-06-2012

gragas vs auto attackers like tryn, irelia, etc.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KillerQuiller

Senior Member

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampRegen View Post
gragas vs auto attackers like tryn, irelia, etc.
I have Gragas(). AD, AP, or does it even matter? I know he used to be AD tank until someone pwned with him in a tournament as AP, then everyone started playing him AP.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tempnameA704

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-06-2012

alistar top is op

edit: dont build ap


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KillerQuiller

Senior Member

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinLadenIsDead View Post
alistar top is op

edit: dont build ap
Sounds fun, not sure if any good though. Will have to try. Hear the same with Blitz and Taric
But not sure. If anything well all laugh about it I'm sure unless team full of tryhards treating normal drafts like +2k elo ranked.

What about Kat? I've seen VoyBoy pwn a few times with her in top against stuff like Nasus.


12