Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Lyte: Any other interesting statistics?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DebosBike

08-05-2012

Quote:
Mokkun:
I keep wondering if there are any champions / champion types that are played more by banned players.

Not like, "eve is troll pick, plz report."

But like, Master Yi shows up in more punished incidents than any other champion, or even melee ad carries.
I'm more curious if certain champions draw toxic personality types.
(Yi was used because of my purely anecdotal, confirmation bias experience with him in games and in Tribunal.)

Yi is also one of the cheapest champions to purchase, if you have a smurf account you will notice that just about everyone has him even at levels as low as 4 or 5.
Yi is also a hyper carry which means he probably dies quite a lot and has little chance of ever catching back up if the player isn't skilled. For those reasons I am inclined to think that Yi tends to get a lot of false reports rather then him being a favored pick among toxic players.

Ulanopo

Recruiter

08-05-2012

Quote:
DebosBike:
Yi is also one of the cheapest champions to purchase, if you have a smurf account you will notice that just about everyone has him even at levels as low as 4 or 5.
Yi is also a hyper carry which means he probably dies quite a lot and has little chance of ever catching back up if the player isn't skilled. For those reasons I am inclined to think that Yi tends to get a lot of false reports rather then him being a favored pick among toxic players.

I own Yi because he was very cheap and I wanted a character that I could use from week to week when I was just starting out. It turns out that I'm terrible with him, so much so that I desperately try to pawn him off on someone else when he comes up in an ARAM.

Shyhalu

08-05-2012

Quote:
MCerberus:
Appeal to their self-interest. Present the course of action as having a benefit for them, like saying they'll get lots more kills, more IP by not giving up, adoration from the rest of the team.

Doesn't work. I've tried that 5 times in a row......In aram we normally see tanky types diving in to get kills on squishies rather than protecting our own squishies that get slaughtered because the team gets split up.

I always get "Wtf u want me to focus the tank???" arguments, they eventually give in, we win 2 team battles or so then they go right the **** back to diving and chasing while we get killed.

You can't reason with stupid. And you can't even call stupid where you see it because you get banned for that.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

08-05-2012

No data is useless, it just take time to do data analysis. Once data is gathered, Lyte will build models and designs to see how to minimize negative player experience, and maximize positive player experience. Then he will send requests to engineering to construct features or bug fixes to improve the Tribunal. Feature like the Reform Card is the result of Lyte’s research based on data gathered.

powerbats

08-05-2012

Riot do we know when if you can give a general date for example when pre/post game chats will be included in tribunal reports?

You'd get rid of a large majority of the toxic players who troll because they know it can't be seen currently.

I'm aware it's hosted on a separate server but it would be nice and perhaps get rid of Adobe Air and move to something more stable and easier to use

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

08-05-2012

Quote:
powerbats:
Riot do we know when if you can give a general date for example when pre/post game chats will be included in tribunal reports?

You'd get rid of a large majority of the toxic players who troll because they know it can't be seen currently.

I'm aware it's hosted on a separate server but it would be nice and perhaps get rid of Adobe Air and move to something more stable and easier to use

Riot want to do this, the bottleneck is not design, but engineering resource. Right now engineering is tight up on few key projects, and can’t focus on pregame and postgame chat directly. Historically, the pregame and postgame chat is not part of the regular game loop, linking these information takes a lot of engineering work. One those “key project” will make linking the chat into game loop much easier, so we are pushing towards having pregame and postgame chat linked, just not in a direct way. The task is big, I can see it will take no less than few months.

You guys should see Lyte's super backlog...

LittleDi

08-05-2012

Quote:
RiotKiddington:
You guys should see Lyte's super backlog...

http://www.jkslmoments.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/backlog1.jpg

?

Zanmoose

08-05-2012

Lyte im loving your tidbit about players who convince other players to report people are considered toxic. Im glad you acknowledge that this frequently happens because it often worries me when im being flamed for building shurelya's and some guy is telling /all to report me cause he thinks frozen heart is better (my last game and a very toxic one that ruined my mood for the day).

I also like your idea about having players receive a message when they are reported but it would send a bigger message if that player can see how many people reported them and who they played, that would make people in my previous situation feel much comfortable and less worried when it was only the one guy who didnt shut up all game (and spent more time criticizing your items then trying to win the game).

I think toxicity is hugely to blame for the "elo hell" phenomena, I find that most games i lose are due to people just raging to much and paying less attention to the game (also forces teammates to read all that junk and lowers moral) without such toxic players, it would enable a lot more traffic into the more competitive environment and create a much better game.

rage is infectious, burn the ragers before we are all doomed. dont let me down lyte

Steelfoot

08-05-2012

Ooh, my turn!

What's the most common champion and/or type of champion for a Tribunal-punished player to be playing? Is it by a huge margin or are all of them pretty even? More importantly, is this even measured?

Oh, I asked this another night in a different thread that promptly sank into the depths after my post, but I heard from a friend that Riot doesn't do IP bans. Is this true? If so, why not? If not, what reasons is one employed?

Thanks in advance, I really think this Tribunal stats stuff is awesome!

Dreampod

08-05-2012

I can jump in on the IP ban one Steelfoot, despite not being a Riot employee. Riot doesn't use IP bans for a couple reasons (1) they are largely ineffective due to the ease with which they can be bypassed (2) IP bans cause a lot of collateral damage because they get all users in the same house, all students in the same dorm, all customers at the same internet cafe, etc rather than just the guilty individual. I know outside NA and Europe that internet cafes are the dominant location people play games and even within those areas I know lots of multiple player households.