Ward tutorial

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Space Rabbit

08-05-2012

I am mentoring a friend of mine in playing League of Legends and too many times have I witnessed a game where:
Not a single ward was bought
Not a single ward was placed
And not a single **** was given.

Even players with wriggles completely neglecting the fact that they have a free ward.

Can we get a tutorial for new players that highlights:
1. How to buy wards/oracles
2. Sight/Vision ward differences
3. How to place wards
4. Where to place wards/when.
5. When to buy pink wards/oracles
6. How important vision is

I can't stress the last part enough. Newer players have no idea how important vision is, they face check like it's the safest thing in the world. Instead of the enemy team teaching these players by face check r*pe; how about we have a tutorial that highlights the importance of NOT face-checking, of having wards, using spells to gain vision, etc.

Man Bear Pig Hoe

08-06-2012

I think this is a part of the game players need to be taught by other players, if someone isnt warding give them a hand explain to them what to do send them links of pages. This is how everyone learns and we need to play as a comunity and not have something made by riot explaining every single situation

DirtyJs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

don't ward pls, it's anti-fun when you ward. no more free baron at 20 mins when i've pushed all outter turrets, taken dragon, and just ganked someone derping around your jungle. if you ward the baron, my team can't take a free baron anymore, cos the 4 of you still alive can stop our still weak team ~lvl 13 despite us being a few towers/dragons/kills ahead.

don't ward, it's anti-fun

A Space Rabbit

08-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig Hoe View Post
I think this is a part of the game players need to be taught by other players, if someone isnt warding give them a hand explain to them what to do send them links of pages. This is how everyone learns and we need to play as a comunity and not have something made by riot explaining every single situation
An introductory tutorial is already present in the game.
A warding tutorial would not be riot "explaining every single situation".
Do you enjoy spending time in game explaining how wards work and why they are important, instead of actually playing?

I Love Slurpees

08-14-2012

It should just be basic knowledge after a few games where you would want to place wards, put it in high traffic places or areas where you could easily get ganked.

legionof1

08-14-2012

im with the op only real blank spot in an otherwise comprehensive tutorial set