Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Korean Meta will save LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Papatheo

08-05-2012

One of the biggest problems with LoL recently, has been the development of the meta into slow, stagnant farm offs and long laning phases. I've always been a big esports fan, but quality games with constant excitement have been less and less common.

The Korean meta focuses on early game, rather than waiting out until late. Lane phases are quick, there is always movement between lanes, and objectives (towers most notably) are sought after in much earlier stages of the game, compared to the American meta.

Curse vs Blaze game 2 was one of the most entertaining nail biters I've seen in a long time. Neither team wasted too much time sitting in lane, and both Curse and Blaze were going after each other from very early on.

With the arrival of the superior Korean meta into the NA/EU worlds, teams will adjust playstyles and comps in order to keep up with the Koreans. The end result - faster paced, more exciting games.

wRewrite

08-05-2012

Longer games for normal people though means more IP.
GG Riot?

Twolfandthelord

08-05-2012

ok i guess you never watched m5 then... its not a freaking meta its just a playstyle, the freaking idea of lol being passive is something made up by people that barely even watch tournaments

Papatheo

08-05-2012

Quote:
Saigyoují Yuyuko:
Longer games for normal people though means more IP.
GG Riot?

I was referring more to competitive games and tournament play, I can't really speculate as to how this will affect us

Fizzleboom

08-05-2012

Meta and play style not the same thing.

Papatheo

08-05-2012

Quote:
Twolfandthelord:
ok i guess you never watched m5 then... its not a freaking meta its just a playstyle, the freaking idea of lol being passive is something made up by people that barely even watch tournaments

I watch every tournament that is possibly streamed. Korean, US and European esports. I can say with confidence that LoL (for the most part) is fairly passive until later stages of the game, compared to what the Koreans do

M5 is a great team and that's why they win, they think for themselves. The majority of the teams however, like to take their time

Papatheo

08-05-2012

Quote:
Fizzleboom:
Meta and play style not the same thing.

LoL in Korea is generally more fast paced. Towers fall sooner, teamfights happen earlier, and games move faster. The Korean meta.

Fizzleboom

08-05-2012

Quote:
Papatheo:
LoL in Korea is generally more fast paced. Towers fall sooner, teamfights happen earlier, and games move faster. The Korean meta.

The meta is tanky top, jungler, ADC, support, and mage in their respected lanes.

Not being aggressive vs being passive. That's play style.

And Its Over

08-05-2012

Quote:
Papatheo:
One of the biggest problems with LoL recently, has been the development of the meta into slow, stagnant farm offs and long laning phases. I've always been a big esports fan, but quality games with constant excitement have been less and less common.

The Korean meta focuses on early game, rather than waiting out until late. Lane phases are quick, there is always movement between lanes, and objectives (towers most notably) are sought after in much earlier stages of the game, compared to the American meta.

Curse vs Blaze game 2 was one of the most entertaining nail biters I've seen in a long time. Neither team wasted too much time sitting in lane, and both Curse and Blaze were going after each other from very early on.

With the arrival of the superior Korean meta into the NA/EU worlds, teams will adjust playstyles and comps in order to keep up with the Koreans. The end result - faster paced, more exciting games.

They play like its HoN?

TwilightAngel

08-05-2012

Quote:
Papatheo:

clearly you need to learn the difference between Meta and play style lol. Just bc you think your right doesnt make you right