The launcher has experienced an error. Please restart the application.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeAnza

09-11-2010

This happens after my computer froze at a recent update. Ever since this error appears everytime I open LoL.

Please help!

Fomix

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAnza View Post
This happens after my computer froze at a recent update. Ever since this error appears everytime I open LoL.

Please help!
This has been happening for me to ever since the Miss Fortune update as well. I wish I could help you, but I can't even figure out how to fix it (I did figure out that my 7 year old desktop can somehow run it, but my 2 year old laptop can't)

Fenderz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2010

Same her friend hoping for help soon

Fenderz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2010

I RETURN WITH A FIX well atleast it worked for me

The first thing I would do is look in the directory (E:\Games\Riot Games\League of Legends\Game). Is the HeroPak_client.zip file there? If so, restart your launcher, and see if it will work. If it doesn't work or if the file isn't there, go into the folder (E:\Games\Riot Games\League of Legends\LOL.Game_p\Game). Next to the DATA folder, there SHOULD be (cross your fingers for this) a HeroPak_client.zip file. All you have to do is copy the file and paste it where it's supposed to go (the first directory I gave you), then restart the launcher. Hopefully, it will recognize the new file, and patch appropriately. I encountered this problem yesterday, and by using this method I solved it without having to reinstall the game. =D

All props to Umbrion from leaugecraft

DeAnza

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderz View Post
I RETURN WITH A FIX well atleast it worked for me

The first thing I would do is look in the directory (E:\Games\Riot Games\League of Legends\Game). Is the HeroPak_client.zip file there? If so, restart your launcher, and see if it will work. If it doesn't work or if the file isn't there, go into the folder (E:\Games\Riot Games\League of Legends\LOL.Game_p\Game). Next to the DATA folder, there SHOULD be (cross your fingers for this) a HeroPak_client.zip file. All you have to do is copy the file and paste it where it's supposed to go (the first directory I gave you), then restart the launcher. Hopefully, it will recognize the new file, and patch appropriately. I encountered this problem yesterday, and by using this method I solved it without having to reinstall the game. =D

All props to Umbrion from leaugecraft
Doesn't work for me. =(

I have HeroPak_client.zip file at E:\Games\Riot Games\League of Legends\Game, but I restart launcher and still getting the same error.

Fenderz

09-11-2010

Do the second part my friend still replace it it worked for me i had to replace mine

PureSoulKiller

09-11-2010

my LoL been very weird ever since miss fortune, loading freeze etc.

Fomix

09-11-2010

I don't have the LOL.Game_p folder T_T well at least I can't find it I went here C:\Riot Games\League of Legends and then well there's folders and other stuff but not the one you specified.

DeAnza

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderz View Post
Do the second part my friend still replace it it worked for me i had to replace mine
i dont have the hero pak file in the second part, so can't replace it.

ollod

Recruiter

09-12-2010

Help! Same problem as the last one!