Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The launcher has experienced an error. Please restart the application.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeAnza

09-11-2010

This happens after my computer froze at a recent update. Ever since this error appears everytime I open LoL.

Please help!

Fomix

09-11-2010

Quote:
DeAnza:
This happens after my computer froze at a recent update. Ever since this error appears everytime I open LoL.

Please help!

This has been happening for me to ever since the Miss Fortune update as well. I wish I could help you, but I can't even figure out how to fix it (I did figure out that my 7 year old desktop can somehow run it, but my 2 year old laptop can't)

Fenderz

09-11-2010

Same her friend hoping for help soon

Fenderz

09-11-2010

I RETURN WITH A FIX well atleast it worked for me

The first thing I would do is look in the directory (E:\Games\Riot Games\League of Legends\Game). Is the HeroPak_client.zip file there? If so, restart your launcher, and see if it will work. If it doesn't work or if the file isn't there, go into the folder (E:\Games\Riot Games\League of Legends\LOL.Game_p\Game). Next to the DATA folder, there SHOULD be (cross your fingers for this) a HeroPak_client.zip file. All you have to do is copy the file and paste it where it's supposed to go (the first directory I gave you), then restart the launcher. Hopefully, it will recognize the new file, and patch appropriately. I encountered this problem yesterday, and by using this method I solved it without having to reinstall the game. =D

All props to Umbrion from leaugecraft

DeAnza

09-11-2010

Quote:
Fenderz:
I RETURN WITH A FIX well atleast it worked for me

The first thing I would do is look in the directory (E:\Games\Riot Games\League of Legends\Game). Is the HeroPak_client.zip file there? If so, restart your launcher, and see if it will work. If it doesn't work or if the file isn't there, go into the folder (E:\Games\Riot Games\League of Legends\LOL.Game_p\Game). Next to the DATA folder, there SHOULD be (cross your fingers for this) a HeroPak_client.zip file. All you have to do is copy the file and paste it where it's supposed to go (the first directory I gave you), then restart the launcher. Hopefully, it will recognize the new file, and patch appropriately. I encountered this problem yesterday, and by using this method I solved it without having to reinstall the game. =D

All props to Umbrion from leaugecraft

Doesn't work for me. =(

I have HeroPak_client.zip file at E:\Games\Riot Games\League of Legends\Game, but I restart launcher and still getting the same error.

Fenderz

09-11-2010

Do the second part my friend still replace it it worked for me i had to replace mine

PureSoulKiller

09-11-2010

my LoL been very weird ever since miss fortune, loading freeze etc.

Fomix

09-11-2010

I don't have the LOL.Game_p folder T_T well at least I can't find it I went here C:\Riot Games\League of Legends and then well there's folders and other stuff but not the one you specified.

DeAnza

09-11-2010

Quote:
Fenderz:
Do the second part my friend still replace it it worked for me i had to replace mine

i dont have the hero pak file in the second part, so can't replace it.

ollod

Recruiter

09-12-2010

Help! Same problem as the last one!