Server Stability is our #1 Priority (REMADE)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExitThere

09-11-2010

i finally get to have a chance to play and it says BUSY......

Truckasaurus

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blintz View Post
This is the biggest problem with the servers. ATM ever sense the Miss Fortune patch my friend hasnt got a game over 6 fps. And this is widespread effecting alot of people. I dont mind servers being down half the day but for a good portion of people LoL been 100% unplayable sense the patch.
Servers has nothing to do with fps...it seems that they messed with the code somewhere and that's what causing the slowdowns.

Blintz

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckasaurus View Post
Servers has nothing to do with fps....
lol

Lithose

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentinebaby View Post
WoW, Eve online, EQ, WC3 Bnet do you realize how big those companys servers are compared to Riot and those aren't free to play....so ding ding now what's behidn door number 2?
Your F2P non-sense officially stops being a shield when you accept people's money during micro-transactions. The people who have paid for this game (Like me), have every right to be upset with the massive down time. (After all, we are paying for the free loaders, too.)

Also, Eve Online was started by a small group of guys who didn't even have backgrounds in game development. During its initial launch, it was a TON more stable--despite that fact that it has/had far larger data base requirements (Being an MMO).

Sorry, your argument just fails.

Lithose

09-11-2010

Quote:
A: You never played WoW in the early years, did you?
I've played WoW since the original Beta. I was one the first on my Server to down Ragnaros. I was there when BWL was released and due to the spawn mechanics of the first boss, many servers crashed. (IE raiding 5 years ago.)

Despite all that, it was NEVER as bad as this, ever--ever.
Quote:

EVE Online: Founded and run by a company that was founded in 1997, with multi-million dollar revenue.
No, it wasn't. It was founded by a small group of guys. In fact, it more closely resembles Riot than anything else on this list.

Except, Eve online--Being an MMO, had far higher load demands than Riot.
Quote:
EverQuest: Also had huge downtimes early on, and it was also funded and run by Sony.
Again, I was in the original EQ beta, back in 1998/9. Verant was most certainly NOT funded by Sony back then. I helped test some zones with the developers and even talked to Brad (The president) a couple times on various forums.

EQ NEVER had this kind of down time, EVER. Despite the fact that it is an MMO and has a ton more server demand.

I could go on but in terms of gaming, I'm a dinosaur. Hell, I even played UO. Back when I started playing online games, EVERYONE was a start up. EVERYONE was new to this and guess what?

I don't remember ANY game I have played being this bad with server stability--ever.

One of the reasons I am so outspoken about this is because LoL is an AWESOME game. I want it to succeed. However, being around gaming so long, I know how BAD this down time is. Games do not survive long when they can't remain stable and Riot has some of the worst stability I have ever seen.

erimon

09-11-2010

Surely the task at hand is neither easy nor cheap. Consequently I don't fret at riot for having these kind of problems.

Nonetheless this week I had problems logging on/playing everytime I wanted to because of different issues. Sometimes the server was busy and at other times unavailable, then a patch and some weird lag-type issues where the game would literally stop dead in its tracks for minutes at a time just to resume OR kick you out of the game randomly.

As much as I understand that riot can't just click their fingers and immideately solve all problems as much it must be understood that this is a constant annoyance to players. One which as far as I can tell only has been getting stronger and more persistent in the 2 months or so I've been playing instead of slowly getting better.

Singing

09-11-2010

Wow, can't you guys get over not being able to play for 1 hour, seriously go apply at riot someone if you know how to fix the servers, this is ridiculious already.

Cronoh

09-11-2010

strong amount of idiots in this thread

riot sucks ass at server uptime and stability. just like how the game has memory leaks and just the client lags like ****. way too many people defending this ****ty hosting, the game is good - the hosting blows ****. if any of you think its super hard to keep a server online you have no background in computers, riot is consistently fuking up on a daily basis to have this much downtime.

yes 100% serious and correct

Prikoke

09-17-2010

Change from North American to European server and vice versa with a new version of the program, that now works with the updated League of Legends system.
Download: LoL-Server-Switcher-v2
Extract the executables into LoL directory (where is lol.launcher.exe). You won't need to use the standard shortcut anymore, so make shortcuts to these 2 executables.

If you have trouble with downloading it, contact me at silviuvlad93@yahoo.com

Have Fun!

BACKSTABUUU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2010

Servers are fine right now(though patch day is coming up, brace for impact gentlemen), what are you crying about?