Server Stability is our #1 Priority (REMADE)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dunkelzahn

Senior Member

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharibou View Post
Why are we getting new champions and toys all the time instead of more reliability and improved access? Shouldn't Riot be putting things like Miss Fortune and skins on the back burner? Hell, put those Jax tweaks I'm so excited about on the back burner, too, because I sure won't be enjoying them much with the way things are.
because

the company

doesn't pool all of its resources

towards

one thing

content designers and server architects

work

separately

how is this hard to understand. if you're a working man that goes to class you'd be able to figure this out

jesus tapdancing christ


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlmalexiaDeSotha

Master Recruiter

09-11-2010

I installed the game yesterday and haven't been playing much since then lol.

From what I can read the problem isn't new and neither it is solved.
People blaming players flaming at RIOT would be better off not to post, because it is most obvious that RIOT isn't handling its servers properly.
It is actually quite surprising to have such problems for a good and popular game like LoL.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blintz

Senior Member

09-11-2010

Ultimately its riots fault. They easily have the revenue to update their servers. But they choose to keep the same old ancient servers even though it cant remotely handle the player base. Better question where does all the money go ? I love the game but I am starting to feel robbed from all the money I gave Riot when they cant handle simple hardware upgrades.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

skizbot

Senior Member

09-11-2010

After a 15 hour server reset, having it be down again this soon if just hilarious.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EggAtix

Senior Member

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInfamousDrK View Post
This is like people in the US complaining that the economy isn't fixed. It's not an overnight, flip a switch type of thing. It takes everyone pooling their resources together to make it happen. Just give it time, and seriously stop complaining. Complaining never solves anything.
This is blatantly false. If world economics were as easy as keeping a server running, there would be no problems. Ever. And everyone would be rich. And money would grow on trees.

There are literally thousands of games that keep healthy servers running 24/7, and Riot milks its customers for all their worth. They most definitely have the money to buy non-**** servers.

In fact, not only is it easy, but its relatively quick. I'm willing to bet Riot has logged more net downtime then all the time it would take to switch server providers. And god knows they've spent 2349580354 times that much time making new hero skins. I vote riot runs its skin idea through the fans first, so they don't waste two weeks removing Kayle's helmet.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CyanidePanda

Senior Member

09-11-2010

It' funny how many people complain but when it comes down to it are you going to go to riot and apply for a job and fix it? No your going to sit your *****ing ass on your computer qq on the fourms and wait; How about you people do something if not stfu and wait, things don't just get fixed instantly sorry to burst your bubbles.

inb4 mass downvotes


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blintz

Senior Member

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentinebaby View Post
It' funny how many people complain but when it comes down to it are you going to go to riot and apply for a job and fix it? No your going to sit your *****ing ass on your computer qq on the fourms and wait; How about you people do something if not stfu and wait, things don't just get fixed instantly sorry to burst your bubbles.

inb4 mass downvotes
What do you think all the money the community gives riot every single day is for ? We support riot with the money we give them. And we should expect that money first and formost go to server maintenance, not to fatten their own wallets.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lithose

Senior Member

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentinebaby View Post
It' funny how many people complain but when it comes down to it are you going to go to riot and apply for a job and fix it? No your going to sit your *****ing ass on your computer qq on the fourms and wait; How about you people do something if not stfu and wait, things don't just get fixed instantly sorry to burst your bubbles.

inb4 mass downvotes
This works for me. When I'm doing a clients taxes and I screw up, I just tell them "Hurr why don't you go apply for a job at my company and do your own taxes!"

They usually calm down right away and listen after I lay that logic on them.

Oh wait. In the land of adults and real money (Where you have to work for it.)--that doesn't work.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dunkelzahn

Senior Member

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EggAtix View Post
There are literally thousands of games that keep healthy servers running 24/7, and Riot milks its customers for all their worth. They most definitely have the money to buy non-**** servers.
name some examples and i can guarantee you there'll be a huge hole in your argument

Quote:
In fact, not only is it easy, but its relatively quick. I'm willing to bet Riot has logged more net downtime then all the time it would take to switch server providers. And god knows they've spent 2349580354 times that much time making new hero skins. I vote riot runs its skin idea through the fans first, so they don't waste two weeks removing Kayle's helmet.
where are your credentials on this


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlmalexiaDeSotha

Master Recruiter

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentinebaby View Post
It' funny how many people complain but when it comes down to it are you going to go to riot and apply for a job and fix it? No your going to sit your *****ing ass on your computer qq on the fourms and wait; How about you people do something if not stfu and wait, things don't just get fixed instantly sorry to burst your bubbles.

inb4 mass downvotes
Lol, you obviously never played a different online game before. There are plenty of games out there running flawlessly their servers 24/7.

Then again, it is absolutely genious from you to ask us to go knock at RIOT's door and help them figure their problems out..... ridiculous.