Janna vs. Lulu

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

You know, people have been saying Lulu sucks compared to Janna, or why pick Lulu when you can pick Janna so I decided to compare their kits and see, at the end, I want your own personal opinions on why Janna is better then Lulu.

(Editting, BIG POST INCOMING!!!)

First off, their passives, not gonna lie Janna obviously wins here, Janna's passive is true blue supporting at its finest, it not only helps her, but her entire team while Lulu's passive only applies to one person, sometimes that extra little Pix damage will secure the kill of course, but Janna has her 3% move speed buff, it may not seem like much but when you just BARELY get out of that AD's range at the last moment, you will have to thank Janna's passive.

Next, their basic ability slows:

Janna has a single target 3 second slow with an eight second CD, that passively increases her move speed, and slows to a max of 48%

Lulu has an AoE slow that lasts 2 seconds but for 80%, it however doesn't have a passive, but the CD of hers is a constant seven seconds.

Their shields are similar as well oddly enough. Janna's has a CD of ten seconds, a mana cost of 110 and lasts for five seconds. It gives a max damage boost of 50 while having a spell range of 800. Lulu's has a ten seconds CD as well, a mana cost of 100, last six seconds, and gives Pix, whose damage maxes out at 29 per bolt, so 29+29+29= 87, but the pellets can be blocked. Janna's has a higher AP ratio, but Lulu's can also uses her as a damage source and to mark champions.

Finally, their, various CC moves in their basic kit, for Janna it is a knock up that can knock up from anywhere from .8 to 1.1 seconds, with Lulu it is a pacify CC that makes the opponent unable to do anything except run for 2.5 seconds OR speed and AP boost your own champions.

They each do their own thing honestly, so might even see Lulu is better, but I just don't like how they get compared when they are two different champions. I like them both also, but I just wish I could go a game as support Lulu without people saying "OMG, you are bad, why didn't you just Janna?"

Sturmgesch├╝t

08-05-2012

I beat your big post.

Halegorn

08-05-2012

Lulu ult gives one person extra health while Janna's gives everyone health. Janna's ult has a bigger knockback range. Janna's shield is about equally powered as Lulu's shield, but gives bonus AD while Lulu's lets them use Pix for extra BLOCKABLE magic damage. Lulu's shield can also be used for damage, vision, and Pix can shoot them from the target. Janna has a slow that when on cd gives her extra move speed. Lulu's slow is much better, giving more slow and it can hit multiple people. Janna has an AoE knockup with decent damage and range. Lulu has a MS buff that grants bonus AP or can make one enemy target useless. So it comes down to preferance, but Janna is much more disruptive than Lulu and can better aid the team, while Lulu better aids single targets. I like both of them as support. Equally useful imo.