Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

ARAM Leavers, during champion select

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BowDiggity

08-05-2012

I think there should be a 2 minute penalty for a leaver during the champion select screen, of Proving Grounds/Custom Game. All Random All Mid is supposed to be fun/painful off of whom is selected for you.

I see leavers rejoin immediately, then we go, they leave and rejoin, it's just silly. It usually take about 4-10 minutes to finally wait for everyone to be happy with their selections and not leave. I can get stuck with a champion I can't stand, but I won't leave, I suck it up and try to get better at this champ.

"But Bowdiggity, why doesn't the leader just kick the leaver?"

-I'm assuming that they don't check, or we just want to start the game, and hope we get a launch, this time.

GatorHatur

08-05-2012

I hate it too, I don't get why they just dont go blind pick? Oh wait its because you play with all ranged chars on Proving grounds blind pick... They only like playing against teams when its unfair...

Overall I agree... or at least automatically ban them from the room so you don't have to worry about their whiny butt again.

Veehmot

08-20-2012

yes make it happen

Jektar

09-18-2012

Agreed. If not make a list of leavers on this site -.- If you play aram... just take w/e you have... it's random for a reason. If you leave b/c you didn't get a good champ then don't do aram.

TheFlyingSpoon

09-19-2012

ha this would be great! would love a minor time penalty for leaving the ARAMs.

Aellynh

10-09-2012

Wouldn't really feel bad to see a 30 minute or hour long penalty for leaving an ARAM game. Seeing as everybody I know doesn't leave to try and work the system, a penalty wouldn't be a bad thing. If anything, it should punish the people that aren't taking the you know, what is supposed to be a RANDOM champion.

SchiefSalmon

10-10-2012

Completely support this, we need some kind of system to dissuade this behaviour.
I host ARAMs semi-often, I tried to keep a blacklist of players who queue dodge but It became too long to check in a timely manner in only 5 games...

I agree that one of the better things to do would be putting a penalty on leaving an All Random match after you reach champ select, A 10 minute or higher period where you can't join any AR games seems appropriate.

Heske

10-11-2012

2 minute is penalty enough. I usually get in an ARAM while I wait for my friends to get out of a game or something, but the amount of dodge is crazy lol. Perhaps make it another game mode option instead of custom with it's increasing popularity.

sembik

10-13-2012

Coming from someone who plays a ton of aram and has never dodged a que, yeah this is super annoying. but two minutes is sufficient enough. Enough time for someone to think hard about leaving, but not so much that they stop playing altogether. further the game bugs out sometimes and match doesnt start after countdown, wouldnt want to punish the person that does everyone else a favor and quits.

sTavr0z

11-12-2012

make it 10 minute ban,those leavers ruin the fun