Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[August MCCC] Faraday, the Experimentalist

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadowmender

08-07-2012

Thanks for the review on my champion: Horder, the War Hound (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2396467), so here I am with my review for you.
Innate - maybe 5% per stack is a tad much for something that applies stacks on both attacks and spells. Assume you pull of a burst of 3 spells (the usual for mages), then auto attack just 1 time. (total time, about 1 second for the spells, then 0.3 - 0.5 seconds for the follow-up attack). You will be cutting all their damage in a quarter before your other resistances. Thus, most exchanges in mid, you will win. Maybe make it 3% per stack, or only allow it to be on spells OR auto attacks.
Q - I like the whole idea of blast radius scaling with AP, and it kind of makes sense in a way, but... Well, if you went all AP, you could have upwards of 800 AP, not including the blue potion from the shop (even more if you go 5 Archangels and 1 death cap, but that's kinda silly). So, the end game blast radius would be pretty ridiculas for such a spamable spell (it's Diameter being 1000 units). The damage isn't massive by any standard though, so...I guess we would have to just wait and see.
W - AP scaling on the shield is far too high, close to the scaling on Viegar's ult. Nerf that down a bit, and it's ok.
E - Again, the scaling is too high, and the base damage is too low.
R - Holy cow, 375 AP? ....wow..... um... well... I think you know my opinion on this
OVERALL - Looks like a super mage carry, who's rather useless early game with it's low base damage. Very solid idea, and very well-defined theme. Does need some balancing though.

EDIT - After looking at the rest of the spells, the passive might be balanced with 4% per stack, and gaining stacks on each attack and offensive spell.

Persequor

08-07-2012

while i agree on some points, and i might reduce the scaling on E, but bump the base dmg now that i removed some extraneous effects from it, 1.0+ ap scaling is not unheard of, even on non ult abilities. chogath's rupture, singed's fling, shaco's shiv, Eve's E, jayce's shock blast, sion's Q i believe, nasus's aoe, kayle's slow.. etc etc.

Janna's shield, the current ability closest to Faraday's W, has a 1.0 ap ratio as well, so i feel its precedent is supported.

And i feel that the low dmg of Q balances its potential aoe late-game.

your point on his passive is noted, and i will probably drop it down to 4%/stack

Statefreak

08-07-2012

Wow that R, it may be super OP. The power is strong with this one..

Persequor

08-07-2012

you have to understand that, due to the nature of R being a skill that buffs, and not a true nuke, its power comes in the bonus it provides to his other skills (of course)

this means that, at max level,his Q is given 93.75 damage and a 187.5 increase to its radius

His W is given 412.5 extra shielding, and its duration is increased by 2 seconds.
If you choose to active it after activating W, it instead grants 56.25 dmg to the on hit component.

his E is given 225 extra damage.

so, for a 25 second cooldown skill, it provides one of those four buffs. it isnt as strong as you believe it to be.

the passive component is strong, but only if you choose to harass and let your observation stacks run out (leaving you vulnerable, and making your Q less effective). in a teamfight, this largely means that you would get the damage component from your passive.. maybe once, at the end of the fight.

Persequor

08-10-2012

bump

TheDeathstalker

08-10-2012

That feedback I promised ya:

The Q should have a longer duration before effect, basically because .4 seconds is basically below the threshold of a lot of people's reaction times, so it's not a great idea to base a skill off of that short a time frame. Not to mention, there's nothing really clever about that in terms of "observation". Make it 2 seconds, and make it hurt. Make it the type of skill you'd spam layers of to deny an area with, rather than a means to simply lay out dps. I know we talked about it being like Karthus, but I feel that such a thing doesn't quite jive with being "observing". Also: this means you can up the radius, and have it be a massive area denial late game. All kinds of fun and unique.

The rest looks pretty good. 2% mana regen is kinda neat on Faraday cage. Not sure it's quite good on there, but it's neat, so I'd keep it til someone tells you a good reason not to....

Yup, looks good. I'll let you know if anything else comes to mind, but he's pretty well off as is.

Persequor

08-10-2012

I like the idea of making it a longer area denial skill, so i upped the delay to 2 seconds, and bumped up the damage and base radius. However, i feel that late game, a pure AP Faraday would be dealing way too much damage, at way to high of an area, way too often, but i still wanted the radius to scale with ap in a meaningful amount. So i decided to scale the damage between how far you are from the center. this gives the massive area of effect an artifical dmg boosting component (as it'll deal more damage on average to targets) but also gives the enemy players a fun way to interact with the skill (to have them take less damage by playing smart).

Persequor

08-12-2012

bump!

Persequor

08-12-2012

big lore update, added lore and spruced up ability descriptions a bit. more stuff in the changelog as well.

Nomir

08-12-2012

I like the image of you character and the lore that connects the void to electricity is interesting. I would like to feel more for the character. I would like to see his point of view more. I would maybe make one paragraph were we see his nightmare, and witness him tossing and turning at night. Help use feel his obsession to finding a way get into the void.

I am not sure about the versatility of the character. If he is too versatile you don't know how to build him. There are too many ways, and usually none of them are especially strong. I don't see him as tank either from the one defensive spell. A tank needs an initiation skill and draw fire while being in the middle of team, but I feel Faraday just doesn't have these.

I was also hoping for more from the ultimate, but that might have been just me. After reading the lore I was expecting his ultimate to open a portal to the void and something cool would happen. Also the active giving you a lot of AP for one of your other abilities sounded disappointing. It just makes one of his other abilities stronger. I think this is my personal preference, but when I cast my ultimate I want to go WOW. (Of course I created a support character a little while ago that just enhances his abilities, so I might need to rework my character too.) You may still be able to get the WOW factor by describing a cool visual to go with it.

Those are my opinions and I hope they help, and good luck in the competition.