ELO Hell: What am I supposed to do...?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

laxjoh

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Is Whoa View Post
You're welcome general **** for brains. Unless you play with a team there is only 1 thing that doesnt change in every loss you have. YOU.

Get lol replay and watch the games on how you can do better. Help your teammates understand what they are doing wrong. I can bet all you do is rage and say "gg noob team feeds".

My post was serious. Get better. Watch replays play better. I used to be like you. I still rage sometimes. I was at 650 elo 5-30 record. I got lolreplay and decided to get better. Now 80% of the time im the only one on my team with a positive w/l.
He's right. He could have elaborated better on his original post but Sam Is Whoa is 100% correct. If you'd like, choose an OP champ and learn to carry your team with that champ. There are PLENTY of people who carried themselves out from ELO hell. I don't necessarily believe in ELO hell but I don't believe it doesn't exist as well. There are ways to get out of it. You realize there are people who accumulated around 300 wins that are still stuck in ELO hell? Just endure it as best as you can.

Duo queue is the best bet if you don't want to make teams. Preferably lane with them on bot lane but the best is to have a jungler friend who's good enough to be able to carry team if needed and you be a very vital role in team comp. Always ban troublesome champs that are very difficult to deal with like Malphite but if you have first pick, make sure to pick up those OP champs and trade with your team who can excel with those champs. Other than that, all I can tell you is try harder. I started off with 1100 ELO average and now I am in the mid 900s. You don't see me complaining. I always do Sona or support chars and I don't feel like carrying the team using an OP champ so I sure won't complain about it as well. That's my choice; I learned to suck it up and deal with it. You have to do the same.

We're not trying to be a ****, we're just giving you the best objective solution that can HELP remedy the situation. To actually solve this issue you got going on 100% depends on you.
---
And getting LoL Replay and watching yourself will definitely help improve. Sometimes you don't realize you are making a mistake while you are playing. Rewatching yourself through LoL Replay, you might be surprised at some of the careless mistakes you make that cost you big time later on. I learned to generally be better at ward placement as a support through LoL Replay as well as knowing when to play passive and when to be aggressive as Sona. THere's a lot you can learn just by watching yourself. And maybe look at some pro's play. You'll learn a lot.

UltraBlobPapaDog

08-05-2012

Play with Adhavoc43, he just made the same exact topic as you.

RoERedemption

08-05-2012

get the **** over it and stop being bad.

AlphariusRising

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haciv View Post
People say if you're better than you'll be at a higher ELO. These are the people that got lucky during their first few games and didnt deal with the stuff that ELO hell deals with. Then they talk about probability, chances of the other team having **** people, etc etc. Honestly, it's a 50% chance, 2 teams, that's it. Odds are that someone on the other team in solo que is good, is 50%, that lowers his chances of having trolls, like it lowers ours right?

Then they say, that was one game. etc etc etc. It doesnt matter when you only gain 10-15ish ELO per game. You win, You go on a winning streak and then you get the streak of ****bags and drop again.

It's only people who arent in ELO Hell that dont believe in it. I believe that ELO system needs re-working for Solo que. How? I have no idea
If Elo hell was a thing, people like Dyrus, Doublelift, etc. wouldn't have several accounts in the top 25. Your post belies total ignorance of statistics.

ěrder 66

08-05-2012

Let me give you a little tip, so before a game even starts, you can predict the outcome by observing a few different give-a-ways.

-names
-how people talk in champion selection
-lolking > recent matches/ranked matches

When someone on your team is named "XxXD34THW4LK3RXxX" or "booyo420bongRIPZZZ", the enemy team automatically starts off with a handicap assuming no one on their team is named "azo456ooz".

Especially if they have a very important role, these types of players are the ones who will fight with their own team mates, and blame other people for their mistakes.

The same players are the ones who will probably say "we gon carry yo *****es bot lane" or "adc pussies", you probably won't win if they are your duo bot lane.

slimjimo10

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Is Whoa View Post
You're welcome general **** for brains. Unless you play with a team there is only 1 thing that doesnt change in every loss you have. YOU.

Get lol replay and watch the games on how you can do better. Help your teammates understand what they are doing wrong. I can bet all you do is rage and say "gg noob team feeds".

My post was serious. Get better. Watch replays play better. I used to be like you. I still rage sometimes. I was at 650 elo 5-30 record. I got lolreplay and decided to get better. Now 80% of the time im the only one on my team with a positive w/l.
Thank you for giving a constructive response.
Oh trust me, I've been practicing in normals for quite some time, improving my jungle and lanes by a substantial amount. I usually play very well in my ranked games. As for raging, I hold it back, trust me. No matter how far back we are, I always maintain a positive attitude and try to keep my team from surrendering (made a comeback from 3-17 once.) But when your team refuses to communicate/cooperate and ends up throwing the game, then I drop the kindness and tell them how I really feel about them.
I'm sure I shouldn't do that, but we're all human, right? I'd love to play some normals with you and you can tell me how to improve over skype/xfire/vent/etc.

The main problem is that I can't seem to break a 50/50 winrate, and as soon as I'm about to reach 1,000 ELO, I go on a 2-3 game loss streak :/

slimjimo10

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoERedemption View Post
get the **** over it and stop being bad.
People like you set a really nice example of the current status of the LoL community.

holyoatmeal

08-05-2012

sorry you got into this mess bro
just pick a jungler or adc since those roles pretty much can carry or help others carry
and morde is probably one of the strongest mids to carry out of elo hell
glhf

Lakez

08-05-2012

DUO Q is the best way. A buddy of mine jungles and I play top. He will gank top knowing we will probably get a kill to put me ahead, then start babysitting bot and mid lanes. I'm not sure if this helps, but the point im making is play with someone you trust and generally can carry just as well as you can.

trackmaster

08-05-2012

I had the exact same problem this summer chillin around 1000 elo for a few months. It was sad because I was one of the best in my group of friends who were all 1200-1300. Then I just started playing sona and just went on a ridiculous winning spree for a few weeks. I'd say it was half luck, half clutch ults on most of their team.