ELO Hell: What am I supposed to do...?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

slimjimo10

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

So I'm 960 ELO now, after another completely unneccesary loss. We were up by a large margin of gold throughout the game. Then, arguing erupted between our ADC and support because the support took a couple of kills. My duo friend and I tried to calm them down, but they kept arguing over the dumbest stuff. I was jungling and was about 5/1/5-ish and my duo partner was top and was slightly positive, perhaps 4/3/3-ish. When teamfights broke out, our carries were mentally retarded. Ahri decided she was a tank and charged in the center just to ult out and still die. Varus repeatedly was caught out of position.

I ended the game 9/5/14 due to horrible engagements by our Ahri and Varus getting caught repeatedly, and it was a defeat.

I know people say to play ADC to get out of ELO hell, but you need good initiators and protection, so I chose an offtank jungle to initiate and protect my carries (even though that was mission impossible this game).

I know people will say "that's one game blah blah blah there's an equal chance of the other team having something like that blah blah blah." No. I don't really care about probability, I get the **** end of the stick when it comes to teams. People throw temper tantrums over the dumbest ****, which in turn results in the game being thrown.

I have proven time and time again that I am as skilled as my higher ELO friends (1300+), but even with duo queue, I cannot manage to raise my ELO to over 1,000.

So... what is the point of this thread? Well, it's mainly my QQ about how the ranking system sucks pretty bad and how people that think solo queue ELO means something annoys me.

TL;DR Get an attention span and learn to read please.

-slimjimo10

AlphariusRising

08-05-2012

Oh look, it's this thread.

Again.

Just play more games or stop playing them at all, nobody wants to hear about how amazing you are and "oh woe is me I defy all laws of probability! I'm really 1300 elo skill level QQQQQQQ"

slimjimo10

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphariusRising View Post
Oh look, it's this thread.

Again.

Just play more games or stop playing them at all, nobody wants to hear about how amazing you are and "oh woe is me I defy all laws of probability! I'm really 1300 elo skill level QQQQQQQ"
I'm not bragging about how amazing I am, I'm asking for tips on how to deal with idiots who have no concept of positioning, and just giving a story to share about how dumb people can be. I may or may not be at 1300 ELO skill level, but I play just as good as some of my friends who have achieved that.

Fwuffie

08-05-2012

play duo a lot and you'll eventually get out.Make sure to know your partner and not have them as a random u just met that did good 1 game

Sam Is Whoa

08-05-2012

Get better

Ømicron

08-05-2012

Why don't you duo with your 1300 friends then????

slimjimo10

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Is Whoa View Post
Get better
Thanks a bunch Captain ******bag.

slimjimo10

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by micron View Post
Why don't you duo with your 1300 friends then????
I do most of the time, but I get the geniuses that I mentioned in the original post. We do well, and sometimes they do also, but in the end you get idiots that throw.

LAMlRP

08-05-2012

People say if you're better than you'll be at a higher ELO. These are the people that got lucky during their first few games and didnt deal with the stuff that ELO hell deals with. Then they talk about probability, chances of the other team having **** people, etc etc. Honestly, it's a 50% chance, 2 teams, that's it. Odds are that someone on the other team in solo que is good, is 50%, that lowers his chances of having trolls, like it lowers ours right?

Then they say, that was one game. etc etc etc. It doesnt matter when you only gain 10-15ish ELO per game. You win, You go on a winning streak and then you get the streak of ****bags and drop again.

It's only people who arent in ELO Hell that dont believe in it. I believe that ELO system needs re-working for Solo que. How? I have no idea

Sam Is Whoa

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjimo10 View Post
Thanks a bunch Captain ******bag.
You're welcome general **** for brains. Unless you play with a team there is only 1 thing that doesnt change in every loss you have. YOU.

Get lol replay and watch the games on how you can do better. Help your teammates understand what they are doing wrong. I can bet all you do is rage and say "gg noob team feeds".

My post was serious. Get better. Watch replays play better. I used to be like you. I still rage sometimes. I was at 650 elo 5-30 record. I got lolreplay and decided to get better. Now 80% of the time im the only one on my team with a positive w/l.