Renekton vs Riven top?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phonicks

08-05-2012

So I'm sort of new to renekton, and the last game i played I was going against a riven up top. I always heard that renekton was a good up close fighter so I jumped in on her... and I got DESTROYED. Even when I tried to get to my turret her insane mobility just caught up and killed me. It happened 3 times and I really hate riven's now. What can I do to stop a riven from destroying me? Thanks.

ATV Rivenroth

08-05-2012

Play smartly, poke her with your 50 fury Q and stun her to keep her from returning the pokes. Riven will likely be able to destroy you in straight up combat and with her ulti, play smartly, make it your playing field, and use your ulti at the start of any engagement with her for maximum damage if she engages to 1v1 you.

Primanocte

08-05-2012

Renekton used to be a great up close fighter, and still is against some champs. The problem is power creep has passed him by and he simply isn't as strong as top laners like Riven, Yorick, Darius and their ilk. He's fun, but champs like Riven are going to own you until he gets some buffs.

ATV Rivenroth

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primanocte View Post
Renekton used to be a great up close fighter, and still is against some champs. The problem is power creep has passed him by and he simply isn't as strong as top laners like Riven, Yorick, Darius and their ilk. He's fun, but champs like Riven are going to own you until he gets some buffs.
This is largely true, but it still isn't impossible to win against Riven, I've only gone up against three, and of those three I won against two of them. The third one straight up outplayed me, and I only ever killed her when my jungler came to gank. As a player of Riven, and Renekton, I can safely say Riven is a better top than Renekton. But it's also a matter of skill and knowing how to counter your enemy lane to win.

Yorick however, is > both Renekton and Riven. **** Yorick, man.

ChaosX1

08-05-2012

I thought Renekton was more of a champion that didn't fully engage in lane until he knew he would get the kill?

Velpro

08-05-2012

Renekton can be tricky, and you need to learn his style before jumping on a Riven. E into the minion wave -> Q the minions (and maybe the enemy champ) -> E the efff out of there.

anuspounder 9000

08-05-2012

you dont beat riven, she has shorter cooldowns on more abilities, that scale better, and her auto attacks have a bonus AD scaling. you just dont win. You can try turn this into a stale farming lane.

Check this thread I made out,
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2437650&page=2

hopefullly we can get some renekton love so he can face the powercreeped champs of today!

Ayy Lash

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primanocte View Post
us renekton players have this to say.

^

tenrel

08-05-2012

riven can really easily break his combo, and punish him. its possible to win, but not easy.

DirBob

08-05-2012

Its kind of an even lane. As renekton you want to E in W her Q then E out. Try not to fight her when you have no cds. And fight her when she has no cds, If you get get a early gank on her or kill, you can normally snowball the lane. Once she gets bf sword if you havent snowballed the lane becareful because she will beable to beat you in a straigh up 1v1.