Blue Champion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NightmarelQueen

08-05-2012

So,I can log in and everything..want to spectate a game..loads..but..some champion screens are blue,then it stops in the middle of 50 or 45%..then I get a bug splat.
Help anyone?

ARedPoppy

08-05-2012

Hey Angel,

Can you try repairing your game files? You can do this by clicking on the gears on the LoL launcher in the top right and clicking repair.

NightmarelQueen

08-05-2012

I did but it didn't work :[

ARedPoppy

08-05-2012

Then try taking a look at this thread for some solutions: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...roubleshooting. Post back if it didn't help!

NightmarelQueen

08-05-2012

I appreciate your notice of my problem,but I resolved it from another advice,but thank you for your consideration and help. ^^

What I did was uninstall the game and deleted everything of League of Legends.
Then I reinstalled and it did update again.
Now it works.

Verdinate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

Just out of curiosity, Did you try messing with the files before that happend? (Custom skins, deleting certian files, etc)

ARedPoppy

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmarelAngel View Post
I appreciate your notice of my problem,but I resolved it from another advice,but thank you for your consideration and help. ^^

What I did was uninstall the game and deleted everything of League of Legends.
Then I reinstalled and it did update again.
Now it works.
Hmm, I think repairing the game would have done the same thing, are you sure you repaired it? At least it works now and good luck!

Verdinate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARedPoppy View Post
Hmm, I think repairing the game would have done the same thing, are you sure you repaired it? At least it works now and good luck!
As far as I know Repair check sfor missing files only? or I'm mistaken. Anyways, his files were probably corrupted and the repair couldn't fix so only a re-install would do the trick.

Bikohoness

10-09-2013

Sorry to necro this thread but I've been dealing with this same problem and I have some insight.

I purchased a new computer, immediately installed LoL and started playing, after a couple of days I started having random crashes. Sometimes just LoL, sometimes it would go straight to windows blue screen.

Eventually I figured out that one of my memory sticks was faulty. I ran Memtest86+ - yada-yada - figured out which stick was good and which was bad. Started machine with just the good stick and ran into blue champions in ARAM game, then multiple crashes of just LoL. Also, if I tried to run the game in anything higher than medium detail mode, I would get a dark shadowy map, and other screen glitches. (I did reinstall the AMD video driver multiple times trying to address that problem)

I'm pretty sure that executing any updates with a bad memory stick will result in one or more content files corrupted. The "fix" option in LoL doesn't appear to address this issue. On top of that, it appears to take longer to go through a "fix" operation than it does to just reinstall.

Remember to backup your config folder before you reinstall, then you won't need to rebind keys/change settings, etc.