Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

ADC Ez build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TastyBeeBurgers

08-05-2012

Cureently trying to build an ADC Ez. Thus far I'm working on man at 18 and armor pen runes/masteries and working toward this set up for late game:

Triforce
Blood Thirster
Ionian Boots
Manamune
Nashor's Tooth
and Last Whisper

What do you think? I've heard that only idiots use Manamune on Ez (I've been getting 75 AD in late just from this, plus the mana bonus and mana regen) and I switch the boots for Sorc if they have a **** ton of Magic Resist.

Feedback apreciated!

FlowyS

08-05-2012

Manamune isn't that bad if you really need the mana and you come to a ton of situations where it's like all mid and everyone is just poking each other. But generally said, Manamune is only a good item for people learning how to play Ezreal because it gets them a feel for the skill and allows people to poke a lot. Actually about 4x more than a non-Manamune ezreal build at late game.

The tradeoff with Manamune is that it doesn't do as much damage if your build doesn't have Last Whisper against armor and Infinity Edge to crit with.

I also recommened a Banshee's Veil since Ezreal is squishy, he needs a defensive item.

Something like this

Ionian or Berzeker Boots (Ionian best with Manamune, Berzerker best with Infinity Edge), I don't think AD Ezreal need Sorc boots.
Bloodthrister
Manamune or Infinity Edge
Trinity Force
Last Whisper or Nashor's Tooth
Banshee's Veil or Guardian Angel

If you want more poke and life leech, build Bloodthrister first. If you need the mana, build Manamune first. If you want super kiting abilities, build Trinity Force first. If you want more basic attack dps, build Infinity Edge first. If your enemy doesn't build a lot of armor, it is probabably better to get Nashor's Tooth than Last Whisper. If you don't get Manamune, it is probably better to get Berzerker Boots since you don't have a lot of mana. The reason people say Manamune sucks is that in high elo play, most of these players don't need extra mana and will rather have more damage. By itself, manamune at 2k+ mana is pretty cost effective, but it becomes worth less at mid game when compared to combos like Infinity Edge + Trinity Force/Phantom Dancer in terms of pure damage and Last Whisper in terms of damaging high armor targets. So if you have Manamune, Bloodthrister, and Trinity Force while your opponent has a Trinity Force/Phantom Dancer and Infinity Edge, they will beat you in 1 v 1 pure dps because of how much more their basic attacks hurt (although you do poke better so you could use that advantage agaginst them). But if you are new to Ezreal, I highly recommened Manamune because the mana is just so valuable for new players to Ezreal and the dps difference isn't that much that it affects new players by a lot (Actually the poke dps is generally higher with Manamune, just the basic attack dps is lower with Manamune). Take Guardian Angel instead of Banshee's Veil if you find yourself attacked by physical attacks more.

I recommend
AD Red
Armor Yellow
Mana/5 per level Blues
Move speed Quints

21/0/9. Taking the bonus mana and move speed from the Utility Tree. Taking pretty much everything that improves AD on the Offensive tree while ignoring Havoc.

ProPlayerEd

08-05-2012

Quote:

Manamune isn't that bad if you really need the mana and you come to a ton of situations where it's like all mid and everyone is just poking each other. But generally said, Manamune is only a good item for people learning how to play Ezreal because it gets them a feel for the skill and allows people to poke a lot. Actually about 4x more than a non-Manamune ezreal build at late game.

The tradeoff with Manamune is that it doesn't do as much damage if your build doesn't have Last Whisper against armor and Infinity Edge to crit with.

I also recommened a Banshee's Veil since Ezreal is squishy, he needs a defensive item.

Something like this

Ionian or Berzeker Boots (Ionian best with Manamune, Berzerker best with Infinity Edge), I don't think AD Ezreal need Sorc boots.
Bloodthrister
Manamune or Infinity Edge
Trinity Force
Last Whisper or Nashor's Tooth
Banshee's Veil or Guardian Angel

If you want more poke and life leech, build Bloodthrister first. If you need the mana, build Manamune first. If you want super kiting abilities, build Trinity Force first. If you want more basic attack dps, build Infinity Edge first. If your enemy doesn't build a lot of armor, it is probabably better to get Nashor's Tooth than Last Whisper. If you don't get Manamune, it is probably better to get Berzerker Boots since you don't have a lot of mana. The reason people say Manamune sucks is that in high elo play, most of these players don't need extra mana and will rather have more damage. By itself, manamune at 2k+ mana is pretty cost effective, but it becomes worth less at mid game when compared to combos like Infinity Edge + Trinity Force/Phantom Dancer in terms of pure damage and Last Whisper in terms of damaging high armor targets. So if you have Manamune, Bloodthrister, and Trinity Force while your opponent has a Trinity Force/Phantom Dancer and Infinity Edge, they will beat you in 1 v 1 pure dps because of how much more their basic attacks hurt (although you do poke better so you could use that advantage agaginst them). But if you are new to Ezreal, I highly recommened Manamune because the mana is just so valuable for new players to Ezreal and the dps difference isn't that much that it affects new players by a lot (Actually the poke dps is generally higher with Manamune, just the basic attack dps is lower with Manamune). Take Guardian Angel instead of Banshee's Veil if you find yourself attacked by physical attacks more.

I recommend
AD Red
Armor Yellow
Mana/5 per level Blues
Move speed Quints

21/0/9. Taking the bonus mana and move speed from the Utility Tree. Taking pretty much everything that improves AD on the Offensive tree while ignoring Havoc.

The first thing I see is manamune or IE... I'm pretty sure you want an IE over a manamune any day. Even if your new to Ezreal, I wouldn't recommend it because then you are forced to learn how to save your mana instead of forgetting that you don't have infinite mana and go OOM when a team fight breaks out when you decide to try w/o the Manamune.

I also see a BV. lol what? a BV on a ADC is REALLY situational and not recommended, I believe a QSS would be better than a BV. ( QSS or GA )

Then there is LW or NT. You don't want a NT on Ezreal, Or on most champions as a matter of fact. Ezreal has an AS booster from his passive and does get some from a TF and AS boots which should be enough.

Then you recommend MS Quints... Why? Ezreal has a Blink to reposition and if you get a TF with tier 2 boots, your already pretty fast, why need more speed? It would be better to get AD Quints rather than MS Quints for Last hitting and better damage.

mitchellmccarthy

08-05-2012

I dont really think nashors tooth is good on ezreal but ill let you know how i build
Boots 3 pots into double dorans
Beserkers
Ie/triforce i get one then the other depending on the game
Last whisper
G.a. or banshees
then bt
I have flat ad marks
Armor seals
Mr per level glyphs
Flat ad quints and then 21/0/9 masteries

FlowyS

08-06-2012

Quote:
ProPlayerEd:
The first thing I see is manamune or IE... I'm pretty sure you want an IE over a manamune any day. Even if your new to Ezreal, I wouldn't recommend it because then you are forced to learn how to save your mana instead of forgetting that you don't have infinite mana and go OOM when a team fight breaks out when you decide to try w/o the Manamune.

I also see a BV. lol what? a BV on a ADC is REALLY situational and not recommended, I believe a QSS would be better than a BV. ( QSS or GA )

Then there is LW or NT. You don't want a NT on Ezreal, Or on most champions as a matter of fact. Ezreal has an AS booster from his passive and does get some from a TF and AS boots which should be enough.

Then you recommend MS Quints... Why? Ezreal has a Blink to reposition and if you get a TF with tier 2 boots, your already pretty fast, why need more speed? It would be better to get AD Quints rather than MS Quints for Last hitting and better damage.

Manamune is not a bad item. It is just people often think it is. For newer players that don't aim well and force to spam a lot of spells, Manamune is a great item for players to get a feel for Ezreal and for experienced players in which a lot of poking is involved. Manamune gives a very good AD per cost value when it hits 2k mana. 60 AD for 2.2k gold is very good. At 3k mana, which is obtainable with fully charged manamune, level 18, and BV, it becomes very very good. Nashor's Tooth is pretty good for Ezreal too. For its cost it gives a lot of AS and CDR, two stats that will greatly boost the dps of Ezreal and help a lot with poking. Remember that attack speed is always good until you get the 2.5 cap, what's wrong with more attack speed as long as it doesn't hit the 2.5 cap. Also remember that Nashor also gives AP and mana regen, two stats that always benefit Ezreal.

I really like to move fast because it does help with aiming skillshots. Faster movement speed = better chasing while trying to Q + run. But if you like AD more, it is also a good choice. It is just a personal preference.

OdinLegend

08-07-2012

Hmm Manamune... well think about this: AD Carries are made purely for damage and to scale late game. Manamune may help you early but late game its only approx 60ad with nothing else to aid u dps. Late game you will be AutoAttacking the majority of the time you need to fit in atleast Infinity Edge in that build, PD is optional since u can choose between trinity and PD just remember your role and reason why Ranged AD champs are considered carries. They have THE highest DPS in end game with 6 items and range. If melee went pure ad dps items they would get melted before they reach the ADC in range so they may not have any output at all thats why they are built tanky. Ap casters at max items may be able to nuke out 500 with a skill or 500-1000 with an ulti, but they are limited to cooldowns and cannot combo a tank. Remember your role, you need to be dishing out a constant 400-600 damage a second at any moment with high speed autoattacks by the end game, with the aid of other abilities so u can even melt a tank in seconds

Burbinator

08-07-2012

Building manamune and/or nashors tooth on ezreal is an incredibly bad decision. I cannot believe the advice you are trying to give to a new player, flowys.

Quote:
At 3k mana, which is obtainable with fully charged manamune, level 18, and BV, it becomes very very good.

it still has 0 place in an end game build. ADC builds are about optimizing the multiplicative scaling effect of AD + crit + AS. Lifesteal too is incredibly important, of course. This is why IE + PD/TF is so strong. And more lifesteal lets you play more aggressively which also ends up in more total dps. Though ezreal enjoys mana for poking, his actual dps in a short committed fight is 10x more important. Manamune and nashors tooth are incredibly cost and slot inefficient.

That aside, BV as a recommendation for a defensive item over GA or QSS is extraordinarily questionable.

Quote:
For newer players that don't aim well and force to spam a lot of spells, Manamune is a great item for players to get a feel for Ezreal

New players should learn to play ezreal without a crutch so that they aren't cirppled when they move on to higher levels of play and that crutch is removed.

FlowyS

08-08-2012

Quote:
Burbinator:
Building manamune and/or nashors tooth on ezreal is an incredibly bad decision. I cannot believe the advice you are trying to give to a new player, flowys.

it still has 0 place in an end game build. ADC builds are about optimizing the multiplicative scaling effect of AD + crit + AS. Lifesteal too is incredibly important, of course. This is why IE + PD/TF is so strong. And more lifesteal lets you play more aggressively which also ends up in more total dps. Though ezreal enjoys mana for poking, his actual dps in a short committed fight is 10x more important. Manamune and nashors tooth are incredibly cost and slot inefficient.

That aside, BV as a recommendation for a defensive item over GA or QSS is extraordinarily questionable.

New players should learn to play ezreal without a crutch so that they aren't cirppled when they move on to higher levels of play and that crutch is removed.

I think it is better for new players to be able to use more skills rather than to use less spells. Tell me, what is more fun? Having 20 more AD but no mana, or having 20 less AD and mana to use abilties. I think the latter is much better for a new player.

BV goes very well with Manamune, it is priced around the same as Guardian Angel. BV is better against magical damage and CC than Guardian Angel. It requires less effort than QSS, which I think is more of an item for more advanced players. New players not used to QSS probably won't make much better use of it. Against a magic cc heavy team, BV trumps Guardian Angel. For non experienced players to QSS, BV also trumps QSS.

New players can change builds if they feel like it too. It isn't like someone who started building Phantom Dancer as a first item on Ashe can't change to Infinity Edge on Ashe, then change back to Phantom Dancer when they get a Janna support. New players should rather experiement and try out all different types of builds. In my post I actually listed 4 options for a first item (IE, TF, MM, and BT). I don't think new players should stick to one build and keep it like that always into late game. I also don't think new players are dumb enough to only do one build because other people tell them it is good. They will most likely find out for themselves what they like. I want them to try out Manamune and see if they like it. Manamune's strength is that in games where mana is a big concern, it really shines. It's weakness is obvious, Having manamune will force these players to have 1 less item slot and might have to forgo either BT, IE, TF, PD, or LW, which leads to slightly lowered dps on which item they choose. But you know what? The mana advantage might be big enough that the player will forgo a slight dps increase in favor of manamune. More mana also means way more poking. I remember a time when people say Manamune on Corki was one of the best builds ever, I wonder what made them choose Manamune over Infinity Edge/Trininty Force? Damage isn't the only thing that determines which item is needed, mana matters too.

Lord Puppy Fury

08-08-2012

You don't need Manamune. You need to learn how to manage your mana. Late game, an extra Blood Thirster or Black Cleaver is a much more valuable item to have in your inventory.

How I build Ezreal:

Start: Boots + 3 pots

Basic Build (2000 gold): 2 Doran's, a Vamp Scepter, Berserker's Grieves IN THAT ORDER, NO EXCEPTIONS

2 Doran's plus a Scepter will let you heal back ~20 HP with every AA. This gives you excellent sustain in lane. I see a lot of carries rush the boots or skip the Doran's for a Pick Axe. The boots come last because there's no reason for them to come early. The Doran's are better than a Pick Axe because they give you badly needed HP, contribute to life steal, and only have 5 less AD than the Pick Axe.

Next: 95% of the time an Infinity Edge. If I see a lot of early armor, I'll take a Black Cleaver instead. I strongly urge you to not take the Blood Thirster too early. You can boost your life steal heal-back by increasing your damage output rather than increasing your life steal percentage. Packing extra punch will make you more dangerous in team fights, which turns into more kills, which turns into more gold.

If I rush the Cleaver, the Infinity Edge is next. I never take the Infinity Edge later than my second major item after the base build.

I usually get a Blood Thirster third. If I see a lot of armor, I'll take the Last Whisper first though. Again, the Vamp Scepter plus huge AD output will give you decent enough sustain that the Thirster isn't a critical item.

Lastly, I'll get a Guardian Angel. I only take Banshee's Veil if they're heavy AP. If they focus you down while you've got the Guardian, but the team fight goes on, there is no more satisfying feeling than popping back to life, nuking the entire enemy team, and healing yourself in the process thanks to life steal.

I used to use the Triforce. It's over rated. That little boost from the Sheen is not worth over 4000 gold. You can afford an Infinity Edge and be on your way to a second item for the cost of one Triforce.

I've also stopped using the Phantom Dancer. Again, it's not worth occupying one of your precious inventory slots. The passive from landing some Q's and W's does more than enough to boost your attack speed. With an Infinity Edge, a Black Cleaver, a Blood Thirster, and a Last Whisper, I crit over 1000 late game.

Burbinator

08-08-2012

Quote:
I remember a time when people say Manamune on Corki was one of the best builds ever, I wonder what made them choose Manamune over Infinity Edge/Trininty Force?

That was when corki solo'd mid. As an AD carry duo bot lane you level less and make less benefit of your skills compared to your auto attacks. IIRC phos bomb also has been slightly nerfed.

Quote:
Damage isn't the only thing that determines which item is needed, mana matters too.

This is true. A high enough amount of mana is going to be worth mroe than a low amount of ad.

But the fact is that manamune is simply not cost effective as buying straight. This is EXACTLY why you should stop giving bad advice to new players. It makes a lot of intuitive sense that using your skills more might be worth some damage trade off, but the entire community's experience has shown that manamune simply isn't cost effective for that purpose.

Now, sure, we don't want new players just to copy cat builds simply because that's how everyone does it, and we have to use our discretion, but some items are outright bad. Like, nashors tooth on ad carry ezreal? Are you ****ing kidding me? That's like advising someone not to level up their ultimate immediately when playing riven or something.

Quote:
I think is more of an item for more advanced players

You are holding players back from being "advanced" by suggesting these kinds of item builds.