Riven vs Jayce

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IAmDC

08-05-2012

Such a hard lane, I felt so useless when playing Riven.

Ranged Autos? Check.

Longer Ranged Ability that does lots of dmg? Check.

Knockback that deals % dmg making it almost impossible to trade? Check.

Speed up? Check.

Jesus I rather fight a **** Teemo, Atleast I have a chance to snowball when I catch the lil guy.

Anyone else have sucha hard time with Jayce? Or am I just playing it wrong? Only champ I can beat him with is Akali, why? Because I have a million gap closers to get back to him after he knocks me away.

Man of God2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

Wait what.. you felt useless as Riven? O__O

Schizophrenic

08-05-2012

max e

General Stinky

08-05-2012

jayce is the reason i got out of elo hell

IAmDC

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schizophrenic View Post
max e
I did of course...but still that really doesnt make it any easier. Its the knockback that gets me.

Have you ever laned against an AP ali as a melee champ? The alistar W (headbutt) you whenever you go for a CS. You cant retaliate because you're so far away, and when you try to harass the ali just runs away and then W's you again.

Yea, E would keep me in lane longer, but that still wont be enough.

IAmDC

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Stinky View Post
jayce is the reason i got out of elo hell
How do you normally do vs Riven? Ever lost a lane to one?

earthmind

08-05-2012

won my lane hard as teemo

blind auto attack auto attack auto attack auto attack
move quick step back auto attack
run into shroomed area auto attack ignite

GasPoweredSt1ck

08-05-2012

Jayce is a good counter to most bruisers with gap closers. He can reliably stay behind minions and farm. If you engage him behind them, you take minion damage while he slows you and has his AOE eating you then he just knocks you away once he is done with you.

I've only had trouble with Kayle as Jayce. It was a pretty equal match, but Kayle just had more raw power.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-05-2012

Not entirely sure how Riven would have trouble against Jayce. He may have a ranged mode, but the range is short.

He may deal a lot of damage, but his kit in general blows mana really fast, against a resourceless champion with multiple gap closers and a shield, eventually you should be able to beat him. Stun him and gets some hits off, and retreat before he gets a chance to retaliate.

His long ranged poke gets blocked by minions as well. If he turns into a ranged champion and tries to AA harass you, he will be well within range of your dashes. If he tries to use his nuke on you, dash away or use your minions as a shield.

Anyways, unlike Renekton, Xin Zhao, Yorick, or their ilk, you don't necessarily have to completely dominate your lane as Riven. Her late game is pretty insane if she's well farmed as far as bruisers go.

Satarrus

08-05-2012

His ranged autos aren't -that- long range, and you can minimize the damage you take from those with same type of play used vs nidalee, using brush alot etc. You can dodge pmuch every shock blast even if he fires it trough gate with Riven E, and if he tries to come in melee for his E you should be able to outtrade him pretty hard.