Nasus rework?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hørrid

08-04-2012

Hes supposed to a bruiser. But he's a weak bruiser. Darius is a bruiser but he can take damage and dish it out... Why cant nasus have a faster way to farm his Q or something. I dont know. Nasus is really not meant for the aggressive meta...

Artemis Enterori

08-04-2012

Nasus needs a rework, but you seem to ask for a buff. Increase Q farming speed won't make him better early game but will make him WAY too strong lategame. See if you know how to farm, nassus can be almost unstoppable. In a hour long game you can get up to 300 farm on Q. 900 damage? yes please.

My opinion is: lower Q's scaling for lategame so godmode nasus isn't available anymore but make him stronger earlygame. Maybe increase his damage scaling so he builds more like a bruiser and less like a tank. Right now he is easily counterable but when picked last he can be very deadly...

Kyzonu

08-04-2012

nasus is supposed to be(and he is) a melee fighter.

you can stack durability+damage items on him so he will deal tons of damage and endure hard damage.
he has one of the strongest slows in the game, a 3 seconds cooldown spell with no max damage, an AoE spell that reduces enemies armor and an ultimate that not just deals AoE damage based on max life but also gives him bonus health and turns that damage in bonus damage for him. not to mention the passive life steal that grants him durability for laning a long time.

tell me, what is wrong with nasus?

Senoshu

08-05-2012

I personally don't think Nasus needs any changes. It's very true that his early game is weak roughly until you get a sheen. After that item you should be able to carefully poke the opponent to keep your life totals relatively close assuming you aren't terribly overextending.

Of course that's beside the point. Why are you fighting anything before ~20-30 minutes with Nasus anyway? I realize I'm not the best farmer out there by any means. So it takes me longer to get where I need to be, but I remain patient and continue building my q and gold count. Come that time when I'm sitting on 300-400 additional damage on my q and a trinity force I simply walk down top lane into their base and nothing short of their entire team can stop me.

There was a FB thread for league a while back asking who you would pick to turn around a losing game. Without question no one does this like Nasus. If you like fast games don't pick him, but if you're a patient person who likes to win and has a well coordinated team? It's almost impossible to stop him.

MaskedUnicyclist

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyzonu View Post

you can stack durability+damage items on him so he will deal tons of damage and endure hard damage.
he has one of the strongest slows in the game, a 3 seconds cooldown spell with no max damage, an AoE spell that reduces enemies armor and an ultimate that not just deals AoE damage based on max life but also gives him bonus health and turns that damage in bonus damage for him. not to mention the passive life steal that grants him durability for laning a long time.

Sounds like a great bunch of abilities, but they aren't cohesive. His AoE is good for farming but he needs to farm everything with his Q, this means he has fantastic farming potential but is self-limited and is forced into being a passive and sub-par solo top because aggression with his E can push the lane and force him to lose significant end-game damage over time.

His slow is good overall. It doesn't help him particularly in the lane phase however, late game it's fantastic for severely reducing the damage of AD carries and for catching out of position targets. Early game there's no reason to level the skill past 1, and even then it doesn't help him secure kills because he doesn't have the damage early game to even trade with most other solo tops. This is a great skill overall, just it promotes his weak early game.

His Q is a very flawed concept. Most games end between 20-30 minutes in, his Q revolves around passive play -farming every single critter he can possibly get. The damage it deals early on is laughable, he's not a threat -and anyone with decent damage output will bully him out of the lane and keep him starved of CS. He can't farm with his E because he'll lose damage on his Q, so he's forced by his own kit into a bad position. By the time a game ends, Nasus is just then becoming powerful enough to influence it, this is not what I call balanced.

No problems with his ult.

The Blue Jelly

08-05-2012

Nasus is fine, he's a late game powerhouse and probably the only champion that could potentially win a 1v5 against people of a similar elo if left unchecked. He gets to build straight tank and still do tons of damage.

His Q is what makes him unique; he wins his lane by farming, not by dominating his opponent. It allows him to deal damage without building damage.

And yeah, he's designed for late game. If your game ends between 20 and 30 mins, it means you just got out of your incubatory stage (or are near the end of it; I generally banish myself for 27 minutes). But you have to remember, if they give him a traditionally stronger early game (since he's got one of the best last-hitting-under-tower abilities ever as well as being the only champion who actually *wants* you to push his tower, meaning his early game is already strong just not in the traditional sense), he'd be horrendously overpowered without destroying what makes Nasus Nasus: Obscene Late Game Scaling With Neigh Infinite Potential.

As to the idea that Nasus' Q is flawed, you're far from the truth. His Q is only flawed if you stick with your traditional views of how the game works. Nasus' winning conditions are vastly different from any other champion, and reworking his Q would make him generic. If the game ends in a surrender, he's why. If the other team wasn't dominating while Nasus developed, they have no chance now that Nasus has emerged from his chrysalis.

DNeon

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyzonu View Post

Naming what an ability does isn't an argument, you can list any champs kit and make it look powerful, it's not about what it does, it's about what it doesn't do.

His Q has infinite scaling in return for an extremely ****ty early game damage output that other bruisers have with their Qs. His W is an extremely strong single target slow, but it's just that, single target, and while the best in the game, it's soft CC, nothing that you can engage on. His AoE does no damage outside of early game, where it's mana cost is incredibly large. His passive is massively outclassed for early game healing by flat healing passives and abilities, where lifesteal is most important for sustained laning phase farming. Late game, it takes a single item out of his build.

So, now that I've listed his kit to make it look ****ty, let's compare?

Tanks are made to be early game champions so that you can have somebody reliably get to a lategame so that you're entire team can't get shut down by a decent jungler, his Q is completely the opposite of this ideology. This is a problem and the main reason he is rarely picked. Secondly, tanks need to be able to initiate, wither can't initiate and is only really good for chasing. While that's still good, it doesn't make up for a lack of initiation. His E and R are the only truely 'tank' parts of his kit, presenting a threat over time and controlling enemy movement while empowering yourself/your team.

So he covers 1/3 of the tanky criteria, he can't initiate, he can't backup other player's early game (opposite infact) but he does provide an overtime threat to the enemy in fights. It's just not good enough.

The Blue Jelly

08-05-2012

Um... would like to note that his slow is borderline medium CC due to its strength. Wither is almost a snare and a blind, but not quite. And it's spammable, in a game where the primary DPS comes from an autoattacker... meaning it's a free exhaust for the carry.

As for initiates... he has what I refer to as the Mordekaiser Initiate. He walks in, people go "Oh****it's nasus" and burn CDs. Especially since you can't just ignore him, because he really, really hurts.
Oh and his threat just gets stronger as the game goes longer. at ~30 mins he's not overly scare. But at 40, he is. At that point, unless you shut down his farming, you basically have two options. Focus Nasus and be killed by his team, or focus his team and be killed by Nasus.

malcus16

Recruiter

12-13-2012

I have been really playing nasus alot lately and what i have gotten out of him is you can play him like kogmaw in the way your whole team slow plays the game till he gets feed and then rule the other team or you play him like a tank with some other tanky champs and dive on the enemy in the mid game. His wither and if you also have exhaust on him can shut down there adc all day. The only think i would like to see on nasus is for him to beable to snowball like a lot of top laners can now giveing him a passive on his Q an increase in damage on champion kills/assists would be great for this. But all in all he is a great champ that when played right can either carry the late game or shutdown the mid game just depends on what your team needs and wants.

well that is my 2 cents