So using custom skins and custom splash arts is against the EULA now?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EmaķIsupport

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiriko View Post
Riot's stance has always been "visual mods are ok if they don't give you in-game advantage, but don't ask us for tech help if you break your game." I've been here since BETA and that's pretty much all I hear over custom skins.

Very strange for them to ban someone over modding the login screen, maybe something else was modded that we don't know about?
I haven't been banned. But look at the image. He clearly says that ALL modification is against the EULA and can get you banned. Even if it's just visual. This is BS by Riot and just proves that money is all they're after.

Centuros

08-04-2012

This is an outrage!
When did they decide to change their stance on this?

Dark Amumu Bot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2012

K. Have spent nearly a grand on this game and I'm done spending if Riot's gonna be this two-faced.

EmaķIsupport

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centuros View Post
This is an outrage!
When did they decide to change their stance on this?
I have no idea and I haven't hear anything about it. So if you can get banned for this, it's truly bull**** from Riot. Cause I've seen their approval of this in soo many threads about file replacing. And now they've suddenly changed. Scumbag Riot.

Yummines

08-04-2012

im pretty sure Riot has clearly stated that modification of game files for custom skins and splashes is ok.

supposedly theres a weird bug that happens however, i think if you installed it before the new client where it detects a third party program and reports you, even though its just a custom skin

Ordo Irelius

08-04-2012

What about replacing login screen splash art and shop splash art???

I'm sure there was this thread where multiple rioters including tryndemere said that it is 100% legal.

Hiriko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2012

Probably was updated in one of the new agreements, but seriously who reads every EULA in every update? That be reading the EULA 50+ times!

Not cool Riot, theres a nice portion of their user base who use some type of visual mod. They should have at least given a heads up.

IICrowII

08-04-2012

Wasn't it always against the EULA? It is modifying the program, which most EULAs forbid in all but specifically enumerated cases.

Custom skins would allow you to map skins you're supposed to pay for onto the free skins, and custom models could easily be used to try and make certain gameplay elements easier to spot and react to. There may be innocent uses out there, but Riot has no incentive to leave the mechanism for cheating unfettered.

Shiralune

08-04-2012

I'm going to bump this for a red.

Dark Amumu Bot

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IICrowII View Post
custom models could easily be used to try and make certain gameplay elements easier to spot and react to. There may be innocent uses out there, but Riot has no incentive to leave the mechanism for cheating unfettered.
Whoops, meant to quote and accidentally upvoted >.>

Can you give us a legitimate example of how a custom skin could be used to your advantage?