Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So using custom skins and custom splash arts is against the EULA now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whisla

08-06-2012

Quote:
Lomar:
It's at your own risk.

To my knowledge we've never banned someone for just using LoL Replay's normal functionality.

You good sir get a cookie and batch of brownies after work.

Manadorf

08-06-2012

Quote:
Lomar:
On the other hand, what this thread exposed was that there were people with wrong ideas/assumptions on this issue. Otherwise, it would never get cleared up.

So thanks Emailsupport for giving us the opportunity... whether or not that's what you were going for. :P

True but the crux of the problem I was pointing out is how people really dont care about the validity of their source if it gives them an avenue to hop up on their soap box and start lashing out at someone or something (in this case a company).

My comment was meant to propose that perhaps if people are not going to take the time to actually research the topic, which I can understand people not wanting search around for info on the forum thats fine.

But at the very least if you going to show up to a discussion on a topic youre not fully in the know about, make sure that the "mouthpiece" that youre about to let be your initial "informant" doesnt have a murky and questionable history of posting things clearly meant to be purposely inflammatory.

Such as these:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2397532&highlight=emailsupport

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2424496&highlight=emailsupport

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2405071&highlight=emailsupport

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2384157&highlight=emailsupport

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2360419&highlight=emailsupport

Lomar

Associate Producer

08-06-2012

Quote:
Manadorf:
Text

True, the best person to fight against that, though, is the community. And from your links, it looks like it's working. His threads are all downvoted, and most of them were shelled so hard with downvotes that they were collapsed.

That's what should happen with a troll thread with no redeeming value. He may or may not have meant for this to be a troll thread, but I perceived a ton of redeeming value in putting an answer to this.

ICastShadows

08-06-2012

wait....theres a nazi Teemo?

Inskipp

08-06-2012

What about Enigma's Recommended Item Changer? Is that ok under your radar?

http://enigmablade.net/lol-item-changer/

It does mention that it uses Riot's official API, therefore shouldn't be ban-worthy. But since you're present, might as well as get confirmation here and now.

Adumbro Deus

Recruiter

08-06-2012

Quote:
Lomar:
It's at your own risk.

To my knowledge we've never banned someone for just using LoL Replay's normal functionality.

Aka, technically it violates the ToS, but it's not something you're interested in pursuing. If you get banned for only it, send in a support ticket.

Correct?

Quote:
Inskipp:
What about Enigma's Recommended Item Changer? Is that ok under your radar?

http://enigmablade.net/lol-item-changer/

It does mention that it uses Riot's official API, therefore shouldn't be ban-worthy. But since you're present, might as well as get confirmation here and now.

I don't expect an answer for this quickly since you'll have to discuss it with the bosses to figure out a policy, but it should be a priority to decide whether this amounts to an unacceptable advantage or not.

Also, any word on when the max zoom is gonna be limited? Because as I understand it, computers with larger resolutions still have a massive advantage because of a larger range of field.

Proximus D

08-06-2012

Quote:
Lomar:
It's at your own risk.

I think this is the most used LoL addon ever... even Rioters like Phreak use it for making the champion spotlights. Would be really funny if they'd ban half their playerbase and even half of the Riot employees.

One morning, Tryndamere walks into the office, can't log in.
"Sorry boss, had to shut down your account for using LoL Replay. But feel free to start a fresh level 1"

/edit: wait, is this (http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/133#profile) his real account? Quite a losing streak there with 1 win vs 9 losses. I wonder if he gets reported much and if the tribunal guys actually would dare to perma ban him.

fueled

Recruiter

08-06-2012

I own 2 amumu skins as well as have used the custom "darth amumu". I'm not really worried about riot banning me because 1) While I suppose I am breaking the eula/tos I'm not being malicious, or gaining an edge in any way, and the only person me using the skin affects is me. Also, I highly doubt Riot would issue a perma ban for a one time offense (by one time I mean action being taken against me once) of what was stated above.

Doc Lestrange

08-06-2012

Lomar

What about changing the text and voice files so that you can experience LoL in a different language? Like what the pros did while in Korea and what some of the users do to get Korean Ahri voice in NA and stuff like that.

iR Chaos

08-06-2012

Quote:
Lomar:

About the only cases I can think of where USING an offensive skin would get you in trouble involves behaving incredibly derpy on the side.

Scenario 1: You roll with a Nazi skin, and start talking about the skin and how you hate Jews, etc. That should catch you a ban either way.

Scenario 2: You YouTube/stream it. Maybe the video just gets pulled down - maybe if we can tie to an account we discipline, I don't know how it would resolve, but it's possible.

The First Amendment doesn't apply to private companies except on a very narrow wedge of issues. The right to spout hate speech isn't one of them =)

So, a few questions concerning this - for clarity:

1) Using a non-offensive custom skin most likely won't get banned?
2) Using an offensive custom skin(ie, Nazi Teemo) probably won't get you banned, unless you banter on about it(ie, being/acting antisemitic in-game)?
3) Would recording these custom skins and uploading them to youtube bring any problems, regardless of the actual behavior of the player?(Would the fact that it's even mentioned/spread be the offending bit in this scenario - even if the video is not uploaded purely to showcase the custom skin?)

Also, what if players were to swap the correct files, with files from other skins/models? Say, if I wanted to play Ezreal, I modded the classic Ez files so that when I play him I see pulsefire Ez(basically, using an existing skin for your own personal appeal - where it actually doesn't effect others and others would still see me as the "classic" skin).
Would this be bannable, since it is in a way stealing, even if you make no mention in-game that you're using such custom skins?

Obviously any decision to use any mod would be a risk the player, but clarification on where the boundaries lay on "acceptable" and "unacceptable" to Riot(or, to whoever would be investigating these issues) would be greatly appreciated.

TL;DR: Any clarification on where the boundaries between "Most likely won't get banned," and "if we notice this, you most likely will be banned," would be amazing.