Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So using custom skins and custom splash arts is against the EULA now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Difushal

08-04-2012

Would be surprised if they intended to include custom skins and such in that. Seems like it would be targeted towards modifying the client to give yourself an edge over others.

Probably Quinn

08-04-2012

What?
..so I can't replace Freljord Ashe?

Brb shoving scissors into my eyes.

PUREMETAL

08-04-2012

I'll risk it only if Ironstylus makes a Leona & Diana login screen... Please....

CleanCup

08-04-2012

Curious.

deepbluereason

08-04-2012

I'd be quite surprised if it hasn't always been (after all, you're going in and modifying game files). It's just that they don't really care and, really, there's no way to catch you if all you're doing is making superficial cosmetic changes.

The Soraka

08-04-2012

what about my recommended item changers.... those change game files...

EmaíIsupport

08-04-2012

bamp

Hiriko

Recruiter

08-04-2012

Riot's stance has always been "visual mods are ok if they don't give you in-game advantage, but don't ask us for tech help if you break your game." I've been here since BETA and that's pretty much all I hear over custom skins.

Very strange for them to ban someone over modding the login screen, maybe something else was modded that we don't know about?

EnkerZan

08-04-2012

That's pretty stupid if it gets you banned...

EmaíIsupport

08-04-2012

Quote:
Difushal:
Would be surprised if they intended to include custom skins and such in that. Seems like it would be targeted towards modifying the client to give yourself an edge over others.

ALL file modification is against the EULA, as you can see in the image. Even splash arts, sounds, login screens, skins. And replacing these files can get you permanently banned.